• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Irritating behavior

UmiNoor

We have a tv in our room and my husband just cannot go to sleep without watching tv even for a short time. I told him to put the tv on a timer so that if he falls asleep, the tv will turn off by itself and therefore we will save on electricity.

But not only does he not remember to put the tv on a timer (because he said he wants to watch the show to the end), he will also have the volume on so loudly, it disturbs my sleep. I feel like sleeping in another room but then that would not be good for our relationship, would it?

Does your spouse also have irritating behavior that you wish he would change?

Werbung:
My partner and I have slept in different rooms and at different times for years now. I don't think it will hurt your relationship. What hurts your relationship is being in a bad mood because of lack of sleep. With us, it's because he snores and I toss and turn a lot and we both just like to have freedom to sleep how we want without disturbing the other person. I think out of both of us, he would rather sleep together. But I don't have a problem with it at all. I've never liked sleeping with boyfriend and it's always been something that bugged me about having a relationship (because most people expect that you will sleep together).

Bleh, that sucks.

My aunt used to be the same way and as for the timer goes, she set one for the same time every night. She only had to set it once and have it repeat for the rest of her life basically. She didn't go to bed at the exact same time every night, but had it set for, for example, midnight. Then if she laid down at 9 or 11, it still went off at midnight regardless.

While that doesn't save you for the initial bit, it might help you guarantee that at least the rest of the morning you were getting decent sleep.

I can imagine how annoying it must be, I hate watching TV. You should talk to him.
To be honest, I wouldn't change anything about my boyfriend. Sure, we sometimes fight and no one is perfect - but I wouldn't like him to be perfect because I'm not and I would feel so guilty because of my faults if he didn't have any:p

Werbung:
My sister feels the same way. She hates the flicker of the TV when its on while she wants to sleep after a busy schedule. And sometimes, her husband falls asleep while the TV is still on.

With regard to sleeping in one bed, sometimes, I catch my sister sleeping in the other room because my brother-in-law turns on the air conditioner at full blast and her body doesn't like the cold so she would end up having to sleep in the other room. It's an understandable compromise which they have discussed with each other.

Back