• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Implantation Bleeding

Lottie

What does implantation bleeding look like?

Implantation bleeding is vaginal discharge which usually contains a small amount of pinkish or brownish blood. Only about a third of pregnant women experience implantation bleeding.

When does implantation bleeding usually occur?

It can happen at the time the fertilized egg implants in the uterus, on average between 6 to 12 days past ovulation.

Should I worry about implantation bleeding occurring?

Unless accompanied by cramping, backache or increased bleeding, a small amount of blood being discharged should be considered as implantation bleeding which is nothing to be concerned about.

If this is implantation bleeding, when can I test to see if I am pregnant?

Home pregnancy tests are based on a very simple principle. They work by through the detection of the hormone Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) in a woman's urine. This hormone is a hormone secreted by the developing placenta shortly after a fertilized egg has been implanted in the uterine lining.
If a woman is pregnant, the amount of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) in her system should be around 25 mIU at 10 dpo (days past ovulation), 50 mIU at 12 dpo, 100 mIU at around two weeks dpo. Because of their high sensitivity factor ( 20 mIU/ml hCG ) in detecting human hCG, both the AimStick pregnancy tests can confirm pregnancy as early as 6-8 days past ovulation. To help lower the chances of a false negative, the best time to test at 9 or 10 days past ovulation would be advisable.

Source

Werbung:
Back