• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

I'm Itchy!

sillylucy

Hey everyone. So lately I have been waking up really itchy. I catch myself scratching myself in my sleep. Mainly my stomach and between my boobs or where the underwire for my bra usually sits. I ruled out bed bugs, sweat and dirty sheets. Any other reasons why I might be super itchy? Thanks!

Werbung:
It's very possible you might have a form of thrush, and I say that, because you've mentioned the itchiness under your boobs. If you look at the skin where your underwire sits, is there any redness there, ASIDE from any redness you've caused from scratching? Aside from that, it might be worth a trip to a pharmacy, to ask for some anti fungal cream. A decent pharmacist might be able to confirm if it's thrush or not, and if it IS, its easily treatable.

I have a 40F chest, and believe me when I tell you, I get thrush a couple of times a year, despite my best efforts.

You could also have a nickel allergy. Nickel is a cheap metal and is often used in underwire for bras. I'm allergic to nickel and have to make sure that my bras have plastic and not metal for the underwire part. Can you wear jewelry that's not real silver or gold? Or do you? If it's a nickel allergy, you should get the same itchiness or rash from wearing costume jewelry.

^ And if it's not any of those things...

Have you changed your laundry detergent lately? You may have a slight allergy to it and you're noticing it on the areas that are pressed up against your body during the night.

This is all good advice, see if you've changed your laundry detergent lately, or changed your bra. Also, make sure it's not yeast or thrush, which can be easily treated with a cream.

Werbung:
I would be more inclined to think it was an allergic reaction to something, detergent or maybe a new duvet etc? I have to wash anything I buy my daughter before she wears/sleeps on it. Also, if there is a chance you could be pregnant there is a well known condition that causes the itching you describe - I know I suffered madly with my last baby! :) Obviously, that is a long shot but worth a mention! :)

Back