• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

I'm a loser... help.

Lugia

Okay, this is going to be... rather odd, but, whatever.

I'm a loner, and have no friends. I went to the same middle school for a couple of years and everyone hated me, and none of the teachers cared or tried to help. Whenever I told a teacher about my problems, it was always my fault no matter what pain I'd gone through. I always sat alone at lunch but was still taunted by the people around me. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't walk, I couldn't speak without being burned down and torn apart. As I result, I can't look at people or speak without getting a terrible feeling that I'm going to offend somebody that doesn't exist. I can't listen to the music I want to listen to because I'm afraid that somebody near me who doesn't exist is annoyed or disapproves of it. I can't smile without being self conscious, and whenever I go outside I always have to be under the assumption that I'm being watched.

There were many hobbies that I used to enjoy but had to quit doing due to problems they caused at school. Here are a few of them:

1. Scooter riding - Even though I'm a teenager, I used to love to ride my scooter. I could go so fast but feel like I was in total control of what I was doing. I loved to go down the big hills in the neighborhood and feel the wind in my hair. However, people in my neighborhood who went to my school held this against me and things got so bad that I had no choice but to quit.

2. Jogging - I loved to jog because it gave me a good challenge besides skiing. I used to be able to run almost two miles without stopping and even though I wasn't very good, I enjoyed it on my days where I felt the most energetic. I was getting problems from people about it because I ran slowly so I couldn't do it anymore.

3. Skateboarding - I used to like skateboarding because it was an alternative to snowboarding, which I could only do during the winter. I rode on a regular type of skateboard. I had to quit because people were giving me a hard time about the way I stood on the board, with my feet several inches apart in the center of the board. (I was standing on it like one would stand on a snowboarding.)

I recently purchased a rather expensive longboard that's about twice as long as my skateboard and I can turn much more easily now. I haven't had to quit yet and haven't gotten a hard time because of it, but I don't expect the peace of mind to last very long.

The only time I'm at rest and don't feel self conscious is when I'm on the snow in the mountains, my feet strapped either to a snowboard or a pair of skis. It's the only time I don't have to fear being made fun of and can just be free.

I'm not looking for ways to become more popular, I just... want someone to listen.

Werbung:
Feel free to send me a PM, Gigyas. I know how you feel- Being the odd one out. My sense of humor is... inward at best. I dress strangely, though not morbidly so. The way I act has caused me many years of being outed, and you are not alone. :) On the bright side, it has lead me to be kinder to those who face similar challenges. So I'm here to talk to. :)

I definitley feel the same way as you. Lonely. Ackward. Although, I have a couple friends to talk to. Jessica, I think you're a very nice person and you shouldn't be treated this way. :)

I've listened sweetie & my heart goes out to you. I felt just like you when I was at school (I'm an ancient 30 now!) Everything I wore, did & said was criticised. The thing you have to understand, & I know it sounds like a cliche, is that it IS NOT you with the problem. Narrow minded, sheep people like that don't like anyone who thinks for themselves & are themselves 'cos it shows them up for what they are. Cardboard cut outs who do and wear what everyone else does 'cos they don't have the brains or the courage to be anything different.Just console yourself with the fact that all that rubbish means nothing when you're a grown up. I see the people who bullied me around sometimes and I know who has the last laugh. Be yourself -a proper person with a personality all their own, not a carbon copy of the idiots who try to bring you down. I always think it is the best and most interesting individuals who are picked on and I know that doesn't help you now sweetie but it is true and you will come to see it one day. Don't let the spiteful, mindless idiots bring you down and don't ever believe their rubbish.
Take care sweetie x

You skate, you surf and you run? That's not being a loser that's called being awesome. Keep doing the things you love and don't let anyone talk you down! :)

Agree with Ellie4, keep doing the things you love.
It seems like you are a bit paranoid at a lot of things, but hiding from what losers say won't solve anything, continue the things you love and don't care what they say to you! They can't tease you forever.

Hey, girl

I know just how you feel because I feel the same way. I don't mean to take your problems and turn them into mine, but I do want you to know that you aren't alone.

In middle school and high school I remember being afraid to do anything because it would make me stand out in a bad way. If the people I wanted approval from liked a certain thing or type of music, I was so afraid not to like it. I was so afraid to have my own things. I feel the same way about constantly imagining that you are annoying the people around you by whatever you are doing, listening to music, chewing too loudly, just being a presence in general. I had acquaintances at school, but I never felt that I was wanted around or that anyone was really my friend. At jobs, I feel like no one likes me, in stores I feel like everyone around me thinks I'm a weirdo just by the things I say and the way I walk.

For me, my hobbies are things that no one has to see me do- writing, drawing, crafting, but I don't do hobbies that will put me in the public eye (running, dancing, etc).

Don't let go of who you are though. If you try your best to just be yourself (this sounds cliche, but I mean it) Skateboard and run whenever you feel like it, eventually you will find someone or some people who loves this about you. It's easier said than done though when you feel like no one is on your side. Feel free to PM me whenever you need.

I am here to listen to you. I understand that people can be cruel but do not stop doing what you love. If you do then you will come depressed. If people do not like you for who you are then that is fine. Just be yourself and do not change for anyone.

When I was in school, I felt SO awkward and I was such an outcast so I know how you feel. I know it's hard, but you have to try to tune out everyone's apparent disapproval. Risk being odd, being different. It worked for Lady Gaga!!! (before she was Gaga)

Well, if you can't have friends in your school.. The world has 7billion people in it and the internet is a good tool to connect with other people. ^^ You can have friends in us.. here with your girl power forum family. :3 We are always willing to listen and be friends with you

Well... it's been many long months since I've posted this, and I'm glad to say things have lightened up. I have some friends now who accept me for who I am and accept me from my crazy, Trekkie, gearheaded self (and I couldn't ask any more of them than that). People still hurt me and try to bring me down, but at least now I have a way back up. :)

You sound really nice and fun, so it's kinda hard to believe. Either way, I don't like the fact you feel this way, you don't deserve it. Do what you can to make yourself happy, keep talking to us, we're here as your friends :D

Werbung:
I can relate well at your story friend. I used to be a nerd and a loser, I think, back when I was in grade and high school. My classmates kept on bullying me even though I didn't do anything on them.
But as for you, you didn't experience anything like that that's why you have to be happy and confident.
Keep smiling and your head up high for you are you, and NOBODY can hold you down.
That's my motto! ;)

Back