• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Idiot council members/workers

Potholer

I jsut got my dangerous materials permit which lets me juggle fire when busking (yay!) but it wasn't easy... The deal is that you get a normal busking right there on the spot after filling out a form, then you get another form which you have to get 2 "peer reviewers" to sign who let the council know you aren't gonna kill people or whatever. Which sounds good. However I've been going through this process for the last...um...5 years.

The council provides a list of certified peer reviewers.
- I was employed by Nic and Julie,
- Leila organised about 4 juggling fetes and at my 2nd one let me and my friend Annie have a beer (though we were only 15 and our parents weren't there), I have a catch up with her every so often,
- Kim I'm friends with through juggling for like...3 years?(had coffee with him a while back),
- Tom flats with Aideen who works with my Dad.
- I don't know Fiona.
(that's all the reviewers, I only need 2 of them)
And for the last 3-4 years they've all been asking me why I keep having to get signed off. Leila signed me up for getting a year-long dangerous materials license rather than the measly 3 months the council wants you to have it for cos she thought 3 months was utterly ridiculous, especially since I've been busking with fire for 5 years now, and I've been juggling since I was 14. So this whole system really really pisses me off. For the first 2-3 years of getting the license I was explaining to the council ladies how it works. Then they got this absolute cow of a woman in. She's mean and talks down to you, is really abrasive and EVERYthing she says makes me want to argue. She's a COMPLETE idiot.

This time she gives me a license that allows me to juggle fire for the peer reviewers WHAT USE IS THAT TO ME?!! I don't need a license to juggle for the reviewers!!! I TALK to them about my safety procedures! THATS IT. In fact, I'm not allowed to get any kind of Dangerous Materials License without a regular busking license which she fails to give me! Then I get the stupid signatures a week later(Leila writes a letter for me to the council saying I'm extremely safety conscious, a well-experienced juggler and should just be granted a permanent license) and she stares at the form with signatures for ages and mumbles something about "This doesn't look like....". What does it not look like?! A form fully signed? A permit? Well it freaking well is! Just give me the damn license, I've followed all your damn rules and didn't argue with you like I So. Wanted. To. And I show her the letter and she looks at me and says "Well, I can't do anything about this. It has to go upstairs [I'm all knowing and you're dumb]" Like that isn't freaking obvious, she's on the desk! She has no sway, she's jsut an evil belligerent woman, who seems to want to prevent me from getting a license I've been getting for 5 years. I'll no longer be "That girl who juggles fire outside of Kitty O'Sheas" (one time the streetwise people tried to move me along and about 5 people were like "Hold On, she's awesome, she comes here all the time, leave her alone.")

And the woman upstairs isn't any better! The manager before her put my name down so I wouldn't ahve to go through all this crap and now she's all "No, I want proof for myself. Do it all again"

I hate the council! They're ridiculously beaucratic and inflated with their own sense of importance!
*headwall*

ARGH

IDIOTS

(this was longer than it was meant to be but they rile me up no end!)

Werbung:
Sounds like bureaucracy gone mad :( WCC are ridiculous and seriously if one of the allowed reviewers says you're not crazy they should just give you one!

I know! You know what's REALLY dumb? Kim wanted to get his DMP and he wasn't allowed to just get one, even though he's approving others!

ARGH. I got a call from the manager of busking (and other things I don't know about). She says I'm under 3 different license numbers. Do you know why? It's cos of that IDIOT of a woman on the front desk who refused to give me a normal license after she'd given me that "for peer review only" (the one letting me juggle FOR THE PEER REVIEWERS ARGH) so I had to go back the next day for a normal one. And then gave me a third one when I got everything signed. I was near tears today from hate and frustration. She (the manager) wants me to call back and tell ehr what number my license is actually under. AND she says she can only give me a year long license rather than a permanent one because "it's already pushing the council far". What I DIDN'T think of asking was to put me through to someone who can grant me a permanent license. Which I will do tomorrow. What is the point of having one for a year?! It kind of defeats the purpose of no longer having to get all those damn signatures!

I JUST CAN'T HANDLE IT. I just wnat to shout at her and tell her how useless the WHOLE busking area is. Tell her how belligerent and sabotaging she's being! I'm done dealing with her. This confusion wouldn't have happened if it were for that idiot with a highly inflated sense of importance. When she (on the front desk) gave me that "for peer review only" one she says "I jsut like to put this on so they know..." Like HELL the walkwise people are going to know what she's on about!

Werbung:
I'm going to the supervisor. Well, someone above her at any rate. I left a message for him today but I'm not exactly easy to get ahold of now with work 7 days a week. I'll ring again and leave my email address.

Back