• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

I Need Some Privacy

sillylucy

Do you ever feel like you do not have enough privacy at home? I feel like everyone wants a piece of me and I never get a second to myself. I just want one relaxing hour a day. Is that too much to ask?

Werbung:
I am so with you on this. I have two roommates. One is a very nosy busybody. She also talks a lot. I don't think it bother me so much if I had some quiet time in the apartment. But she always there. It drives me nutty. The only quiet time I have is in the bathroom.

It isn't too much to ask at all. Unfortunately, if you still live with your parents or if you have a family of your own, getting that much time all to yourself is rare. Why not work it out with the people you live with that on a couple days a week, you have time to yourself? It'll be like a date night for your sanity.

When my children were small, I didn't get any quiet time for myself. They're always wanting me to play with them. But now that they're of school-going age, I have some quiet moments to myself. In the morning, after my husband goes to work and my children are all in school, I have at least about five hours of time for myself. And I'm glad for that.

Perhaps, you can find some time alone when your family members or room mates have to go out to work or to school. Or you can always just lock yourself in your room and put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door.

I'm fine with it right now. I don't go out often nor do I have a personal life except when I converse with my friends in Facebook or call my boyfriend.

I live with my sister and her family and I get to take care of the kids. Sometimes, whenever they need something of me while I'm working, then it can really get stressful but they've helped me a lot which is why I am forever grateful to them. I am treated like the eldest daughter so my responsibilities include teaching the kids, doing some paper works and making sure that everything is in top shape when they're gone.

I think that's perfectly rational - It's normal to want to spend time on your own. Personally, I recently moved in with my boyfriend and I cannot say that I've reached the point where I want some 'alone' time. I can say that when I lived with my parents, I craved alone time all the time. I felt like you do, like everyone wanted a piece of me but no one understood that I just wanted to rest. My way of dealing with it is cutting myself off for as long as I need to. For example, I would turn off my cell, my fb chat and every other messaging system I have, put on my head phones and lock my room door with a sign that read 'BUSY!'. I didn't work too well the first few times I did it, but after a while, my parents got the hint and started leaving me alone until the sign was off. It got to a point where all I had to do was put up the sign. Maybe consider something like this? You didn't really mention who you live with or if you have children, so I'm not sure how well this will work for you, but it might :)

No, it isn't too much to ask and you should be entitled to your own free time. It is important to get time to yourself once in a while. I have the opposite problem. My husband works a lot and I am home with my daughter. I think I have too much free time. Sometimes I wish it was less quiet in the house. Maybe you can make a rule that if your door is closed you want privacy. Otherwise, just tell your room mates or family that you are going to go relax in your room for a while. They should get the hint.

It is difficult to get privacy if you do not actively plan for it. I found that there were just too much demands on my time until i spoke up and just took myself away to get some private time. I do this by going for a walk or a jog or listen to music with my earphones on...it is vital have 'me time'. Hope you get it right to carve some time out for yourself!:)

An HOUR alone a day? I need like 10 hours alone a day. There is no way in hell I could have kids. I want to do what I want, whenever I want.

I think that's perfectly rational - It's normal to want to spend time on your own. Personally, I recently moved in with my boyfriend and I cannot say that I've reached the point where I want some 'alone' time. I can say that when I lived with my parents, I craved alone time all the time. I felt like you do, like everyone wanted a piece of me but no one understood that I just wanted to rest. My way of dealing with it is cutting myself off for as long as I need to. For example, I would turn off my cell, my fb chat and every other messaging system I have, put on my head phones and lock my room door with a sign that read 'BUSY!'. I didn't work too well the first few times I did it, but after a while, my parents got the hint and started leaving me alone until the sign was off. It got to a point where all I had to do was put up the sign. Maybe consider something like this? You didn't really mention who you live with or if you have children, so I'm not sure how well this will work for you, but it might :)

Thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear that you were cutting yourself. I did that a few times when I was a teen, but stopped for vanity. I now usually just stop eating when I am too stressed. Thanks for the busy sign tip. I might have to try that out!

I live with my parents so I don't have as much privacy as I would like to. Our house is really big but still, they are able to control me and I hate it. I'm an adult and I'd love to be independent. I like my own company, I need some time alone every day.

Werbung:
Jesserotica, right now I can't, I don't have enough money. I don't work, I'm still a student. A philosophy student to be exact:p . In my country it's hard to find a job and flats are really expensive even if you don't want anything big:cry: . But I'm doing my best to find something and I hope in the future I'll have my own place.

Back