• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

I Need Some Help And Advice

Geri_Berri

Hi girls

Becky has always been a good girl at night, so easy to lay down and put to sleep...she always sleeps right through the night...

she has been teething for 3 months now...so far she has a total of 8 teeth and bites me OUCH!!!

She rarely cries if her teeth are bugging her...but these last couple of nights she has been moaning a lot...she has caught another cold...but I was told that babies will come down with anything when they are teething...but the moaning is getting a bit much...I have had her checked out..doc says she is fine....when she moans I always make sure she is well fed..nappy changed and feeling comfy...but she still moans the sec I lay her down to sleep

She will only stop once I lift her up again...then thats it..end of moaning...I need her to get a restful sleep at night and lately she hasnt

Have either of you any tips..or anything I can give her..because her lil face is roaring red with the teething at night too...so I would like to know what is the best thing to give her wo stop the teething pains and help her sleep

Suggestions??
<

Werbung:
There is baby Orajel and Anbesol, however they really don't last long. I did better with tylenol or motrin drops. Another thing I used was a gel filled teething ring I used to freeze. Frozen bagels work the same way. A cold damp wash cloth rubbed across Becky's gums might also help.

How old is Becky now? Are you sure that it is teething in the middle of the night or is it that she wants her mummy to be there with her?

Hey Gerri

Dot always gives great advice and Snowy! The times I have been on msn chewing their ears off regarding Alex. LOL!
<

Poor little Becky! Give her a hug from me! I was just wondering...could it be that she has picked up on your vibes? I can only imagine how stressed out you are with these scans and results right now. I know that if I get down Alex immediately picks up on it and pulls a little sad face. Maybe she needs reassurance that you are okay? Just a thought...

As for teething I have no idea. Alex has been on/off for a couple of months now. Darling Dotty and Snowy have given me some great tips. I let Alex chew on an icy cold flannel and I have bought teetihng rings that I put in the fridge for a good old chew...This is for me not Alex LOL!!!!!!
<

Oh and Dentonox works really well. Its similar to Bonjela but doesn't taste as nasty.

Oh oh and old fashioned teething granuels!!! Now apparently they work a treat!! I haven't tried this yet as Alex isn't too bad but I am sure I will. Everyone I know has raved about these granuels. They come in a little white box and you can get them at the Pharmacy over the counter.

You know I have only given Alex Caalpol once when he ran a fever recently. I am very concerned about paracetamol based medecine. However if Beckyy is running a temp a little of this can't do any harm as I am sure you know.

If I was in your position and I am sure I will be at some point regarding the teething and general moaning... I would also maybe phone the health visitor for some advice or just reassurance.

Does this help at all?

Hugs, Lottie
<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dot @ May 22 2006, 06:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There is baby Orajel and Anbesol, however they really don't last long. I did better with tylenol or motrin drops. Another thing I used was a gel filled teething ring I used to freeze. Frozen bagels work the same way. A cold damp wash cloth rubbed across Becky's gums might also help.

How old is Becky now? Are you sure that it is teething in the middle of the night or is it that she wants her mummy to be there with her?[/b]

Thank Dot
<

Becky is over 8 months old now...I think it is teething, because at night, her lil face is roaring hot and she drools like crazy and wont quit bitting me
<
and her lil teeth are sharp!!!

Tylenol is good but a shame we dont have that over here...I have tried it before for the odd headache when I was in Florida LOL

I must get a gel filled teething ring and keep it in the fridge..see how that goes...knowing Becky she will throw it at me
<
she throw almost everything at me LOL including her dinner!!! but for some reson she wont throw her beloved Milky Bar at me..she loves Milky bars..and if I try and bite a piece off she pulls it away and yells ... "AACCKK mama"
<
LOL

She does want to sleep with me & Gary...but I want her to get used to her crib...if I let her sleep with me all the time..she may never want to go back to her crib....so what I do is...I let her lay up with me at night........till she falls asleep, then i gently lift her up...and sneak her into her own crib...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lottie @ May 22 2006, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey Gerri

Dot always gives great advice and Snowy! The times I have been on msn chewing their ears off regarding Alex. LOL!
<

Poor little Becky! Give her a hug from me! I was just wondering...could it be that she has picked up on your vibes? I can only imagine how stressed out you are with these scans and results right now. I know that if I get down Alex immediately picks up on it and pulls a little sad face. Maybe she needs reassurance that you are okay? Just a thought...

As for teething I have no idea. Alex has been on/off for a couple of months now. Darling Dotty and Snowy have given me some great tips. I let Alex chew on an icy cold flannel and I have bought teetihng rings that I put in the fridge for a good old chew...This is for me not Alex LOL!!!!!!
<

Oh and Dentonox works really well. Its similar to Bonjela but doesn't taste as nasty.

Oh oh and old fashioned teething granuels!!! Now apparently they work a treat!! I haven't tried this yet as Alex isn't too bad but I am sure I will. Everyone I know has raved about these granuels. They come in a little white box and you can get them at the Pharmacy over the counter.

You know I have only given Alex Caalpol once when he ran a fever recently. I am very concerned about paracetamol based medecine. However if Beckyy is running a temp a little of this can't do any harm as I am sure you know.

If I was in your position and I am sure I will be at some point regarding the teething and general moaning... I would also maybe phone the health visitor for some advice or just reassurance.

Does this help at all?

Hugs, Lottie
<
[/b]

Yea you are right they do give good advice but you have too LOL and thanks
<

And Yes you are right again..she could well have picked up my vibes..my health visitor told me once that a baby can sense these kind of vibes from its mother....I try so hard to hide it by messing around with her making her laugh and it works to a certain point...but now I have my results from the doc...I feel a lot better now so hopefull Becky will not pick up any more uneasy vibes from me
<

Dentonox??? I must ask about that..I will give it a try along with the frozen teething rings.....cuz Becky dont like Bonjela...she turns up her nose at it and spits some of it out at me LOL

I asked the health visitor what to do if and when Becky runs a high temp and fever...she says to try giving Becky lots of fluids...mostlly water...but not water from the tap or anything...just inthe same way you would make up a bottle...with the boiling water...after you have steralized the bottle...and poured in some boiling water, she told me to leave it to cool down then let Becky drink it...and to also try - Nurofen For Children (strawberry flavour) they are for fever and pain...and hey it worked for Becky to bring down her temperature fast ..and before I know it there she is looking another bite to eat lol

Werbung:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dot @ May 24 2006, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Glad Becky is feeling better Geri
<
[/b]
Thank you dot
<

Lottie - I bought a tube of that Dentonox...gave some to becky and she actually kept it in her moth and never spat it out ...and she calmed down...still have to give her the frozen teething rings you and dot suggested

Thanks again girls for your great advice
<

Back