• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

I Hate Heartburn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snowbaby

So, for quite a few months, heartburn is a daily occurance for me... understandable considering my internal organs are being pushed upwards and squishied!

However, a few rennies and avoiding chocolate, mint & tomatoes seems to make it so it's very mild. Last night we had pizza for dinner... BIG mistook!!! I can only assume it was the tomato based sauce?! OMG I still have heartburn and it's 8:15am the following day :lol: I have a purple tongue this morning from my "middle of the night rennie sooking".

No more pizza for me until babba arrives *gig*

Werbung:
I spent most of nine months popping Tums like candy. The heart burn was just so bad. And, Tums was the only thing I could find that was remotely safe with no side effects for a pregnant woman. For me, the worst heart burn offender was meat or anything spicy with Italian seasonings like Prego or Italian Seasoned tomato paste.

I only had heartburn when I was pregnant with my little girl, none at all with the boys. I just had to watch what I ate and that did help some.

I had heartburn and yes it was a discomfort. I could not eat as much as I want because I know it would give me heartburns after every meal but of course it went away after giving birth,. :)

I had heartburn really bad with mine and found that fresh oranges or room temperature Dr Pepper worked wonders, but I'm not sure why. The oranges also helped with the nausea early on, too.

Another thing to try is to drink as much skim milk and water as you can stand during the day. And to counteract that inevitable effect, gently lean forward every time you pee, but only as far forward as is comfortable. It puts a little extra pressure on your bladder to better empty it. This will help reduce your risk of getting a UTI, and it will give you an extra 5 or 10 minutes before you have to pee again.

(Anyone else ever think of just sleeping on the toilet since that seems to be where we're at all night & day anyway? ;) )

I had heartburn really bad with mine and found that fresh oranges or room temperature Dr Pepper worked wonders, but I'm not sure why. The oranges also helped with the nausea early on, too.

Another thing to try is to drink as much skim milk and water as you can stand during the day. And to counteract that inevitable effect, gently lean forward every time you pee, but only as far forward as is comfortable. It puts a little extra pressure on your bladder to better empty it. This will help reduce your risk of getting a UTI, and it will give you an extra 5 or 10 minutes before you have to pee again.

(Anyone else ever think of just sleeping on the toilet since that seems to be where we're at all night & day anyway? ;) )

Those are some great tips for bathroom usage lol. It seems I have to go pee at least 5 times even before I go to bed and that's usually just within an hour.

As far as the heartburn goes, my nurse recommended Ginger Ale and it has worked every time. Otherwise I did give in a get a generic form of an antacid which my doctor said was safe to take during pregnancy. But I don't recommend Tums because it has calcium in it which can cause kidney stones in pregnant women, also something my nurse told me although you would think the calcium would be a good thing.

Werbung:
Those are some great tips for bathroom usage lol. It seems I have to go pee at least 5 times even before I go to bed and that's usually just within an hour.

As far as the heartburn goes, my nurse recommended Ginger Ale and it has worked every time. Otherwise I did give in a get a generic form of an antacid which my doctor said was safe to take during pregnancy. But I don't recommend Tums because it has calcium in it which can cause kidney stones in pregnant women, also something my nurse told me although you would think the calcium would be a good thing.

I ate ginger for my nausea with my second daughter, but I think I did it wrong. A friend of ours liked to take us out for Chinese, and his favorite restaurant had a Mongolian grill. I would pile fresh ginger about 2 inches high in my bowl, and it still didn't taste like enough. The chef always looked at me like I was nuts, but he'd make it anyway. LOL

ps If you've never had Mongolian grill, Google it & find a place near you that features it. I don't think there's anything better than freshly cooked food to your exact taste. ;)

Back