• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

How often do you eat out?

We eat out way too much! Several times a week. It's kind of ridiculous, and we have decided to really try and cut back. It's so expensive. Not to mention that I'm trying to lose weight and it's so much easier to do when you prepare your own meals at home and know exactly what goes into them.

We eat out mostly for the convenience factor though. Some days are just really busy and I can't seem to find the time to cook.

Werbung:
I rarely eat out. I can't afford to do that and nutrition-wise, I just feel a lot healthier when I cook at home. Then again, I enjoy cooking, so it doesn't feel like a chore usually to go make something new. It can certainly get old, though, so that's why I do a lot of freezer cooking so that when I don't feel like being in the kitchen, I still have something quick and convenient.

I don't eat out too often because I'm on a gluten-free diet and in my area there are no restaurants that would serve the food I'm allowed to eat. Only from time to time - about once a week - I go with my boyfriend to eat some delicious fries. But we really enjoy cooking, it's so much fun:D

Werbung:
I never eat out. Literally never. I think the last time I've been in a restaurant was maybe...2 years ago or more?

It's too expensive and I have many food allergies. Plus, having worked in restaurants and seen the gross things that certain people have done to the food just because they think it's funny. I stopped eating out mostly because of my food allergies, but I've saved so much money that I doubt I'd ever eat out again even if my food allergies went away. Why spend $40 on a steak dinner for two people when I could cook and even yummier steak dinner at home for $15 AND enjoy my favorite television show while eating? Home is just so much more comfortable.

I feel like eating out is just one of those cultural things that seems normal until something forces you to stop and then you think, wait...why is everyone doing this in the first place? I make up my own culture now, and it has become part of my spirituality to make all my food from scratch. :)

Back