• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

How often do you do your eyebrows?

Quirky Jessi

When I wax mine, it lasts a few weeks and then I have to do it again. I often have to pluck some stray hairs here or there in between, too, but not too often.

How often do you have to do yours?

Werbung:
I want to do something with my eyebrows, but I'm not sure what. They are kind of thick and one side has a pokey part that sticks up. I have thought about waxing, but doesn't it come in thicker? I pluck the part in between my eye brows every now and then when I notice a few strays coming in.

No, it doesn't come in thicker at all. In fact, over time, it'll come in even thinner. It just pulls it out at the root.

If you're not sure what to do with them, have a professional do them for you the first time. They'll help shape them and then you can follow the same lines again the next time the hair starts coming back in.

I get my eyebrows threaded every month or four weeks. Threading is more painful than getting them waxed, but they last longer. And I can't do my own eyebrows. I can't inflict pain on myself, but I have no problem paying others to do so. ;)

I can't inflict pain on myself, but I have no problem paying others to do so. ;)

Lmao! I wonder what that says about the rest of your personality? ;)

Does threading hurt less over time? I know with waxing, the first few times really hurt but then the hair doesn't take root as strongly when growing back over time, so it doesn't hurt as much to rip it out again. I would assume it's the same with threading, but maybe not?

I have dark and rather thick eyebrows and to be honest, I like them this way, I prefer when they look natural so I don't do much, I just pluck some stray hairs once a week or so. I never wax them, I would be scared of doing it.

I have an eyebrow shaper, which I love. I used to use Nair to wax my eyebrows but it burns, and at times it leaves cuts around my brows. Therefore, I had to resort to using something else like plucking. After plucking for a while, I noticed that me and pain do not get along so I found an eyebrow shaper--I don't feel any pain when I use this. After I shave and shape my brow, I don't have to shave again until two weeks. I know two weeks isn't that long but my hair grows back really fast. If I don't shave for more than two weeks than my brows will start to look shaggy, and unappealing.

I stopped messing with my eyebrows over a decade ago. The hairs don't continue to grow back as you get older, you know. Mine are groomed just enough to give them an arch and thinned out just a bit so that they still look natural. I used to tweeze the little random hairs that appeared beneath the arch and made them look scraggly or unruly, but I can't remember the last time I actually looked at them.

I pluck my own eye-brows every two weeks or so. The first time, I had a professional do it, then afterwards I kept a hand on it myself. I have been considering 'threading' but I hear it is very painful so I am steering clear of that! But well shaped eye-brows make a world of difference.

I have them waxed every four weeks, and then I pluck out the worst of the stragglers at home. My problem is that I can only 'do' my brows when I've got my contact lenses in - it's impossible to get at them when I'm wearing my specs - and some weeks I don't wear my contacts at all - so they can look a bit out there by the time I can get at them, and I've generally put my contacts in because I'm having a night out, so I have to do a superfast bit of damage control!

Never! My daughter is always after me to pluck them but ugh, why bother? I mean its not like I have a uni-brow or anything, there are just a couple hairs that grow closer to my eyelid than the others.

Werbung:
I haven't had my eyebrows done in years. The pain of it didn't bother me really, I just don't get it done since having kids. We get busy here and my eyebrows are something that had just gotten forgotten about! Now I am ok with my thick and bushy eyebrows, mainly because I am quite used to them now.

One of my daughters has gotten hers done recently at the mall. It wasn't waxing but I am not sure what exactly it was. She talked my Uncle into taking her to the mall and while there, she got it done.

Back