• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

How has your style changed?

Quirky Jessi

I'm pretty sure most of us don't still dress how we did when we were 8.

How has your style changed over the years? Did you go through any funky clothing phases that you look back and giggle at now?

Werbung:
Well, when I was a kid I used to go around in a lot of floral print outfits. There were the colorful floral shirts that had complimenting shorts and the bright colors. I also wore a lot of turtlenecks too (can't really remember why). My siblings and I would always get a good laugh when we look back at old pictures. But the great thing was that we weren't the only ones with that funky style so we didn't feel too bad.

But my taste in color has definitely toned down a bit now that I'm older. I tend to go with the somber colors and I avoid wearing more than four different colors at a time. I also don't wear as much shorts anymore, I prefer capris.

When I was a child I had no choice. They all pick on what I should wear, and I hated it. They always made me wear dresses, those tops where your back is seen, even the kinds of trousers I should get, bright happy colours etc. I really really hated it. Now I dress the way I want. I'm usually in for neutral to dark colours, and I'm a big fan of jeans, simple stuff really.

When I was younger, I like to wear everything red. My clothes would be red, my shoes red, my earrings red, my belt would be red. But as I grow older, I find the color too garish and too bright for me so I started to wear blue now. And I never use to wear a head scarf but because my religion instructs women to cover their head, I started wearing head scarf when I was in my early twenties until now.

When I was younger, I wear clothes that are bought for me whether I like it or not just like girl dresses. LOL
My style become more simple as I prefer to wear just jeans and shirts. I prefer to wear comfortable clothes and casual ones.

When I was younger, I wear clothes that are bought for me whether I like it or not just like girl dresses.
When I was young, my mom used to dress us all in the same type of clothes. Me and my two sisters would all be in the same dress style and the color of the dresses would also be the same. This is because my mom sewed our clothes and she'll buy one type of fabric for all of us and then would sew the same design for all of us. It's okay I guess when I was young but once I grew up, it's pretty embarrassing to be dressing the same way as your sisters. It's like we're wearing a uniform or something.

My style now is far from how I used to dress up. Like most of you, I had no choice when I was younger. I only wore what my mom bought for me which are usually frilly, lacy, and floral. Ugh. My teenage years were awkward because I was still finding "my style". Now I finally found what I'm comfortable in which are hippie, gypsy-styled maxi dresses or skirts.

I dress fairly conservative, but stylish.

Before when I had a lot more disposable income, I would dress a lot less conservatively than I do now. Nothing like the young people do now. I definitely spent more money on my clothes and shoes than I do now too.

My style has changed a little but not a lot. When I was a kid (not sure about 8 but in high school) I did wear a couple more skirts then I do now. I didn't wear them often then, but I haven't even worn a dress in over a year. I did like jeans with the holes in them back then. I actually cut some of my jeans when I was a teenager-yeah Mom was not amused! Now if I get a hole in my jeans, I usually do not wear them.

When I was a kid, I just go with what style is available for me. When I became a teen, I suddenly switched to semi-formal style like what I inherit from my eldest sister. Now I just prefer it simple and conventional. For me, this is the style that never goes out of fashion.

I used to go through a stage where everything had to match from the earrings to the top, pants, socks and shoes. I have changed in that, my clothes still do match but my shoes don't need to be the same color as the rest of my clothing. I am also more of a laid back type of person. I don't dress up like I used to. I like the more relaxed and comfortable feeling. I like my shoes with a lower heel so that I can feel comfortable and I can walk decently.

When I was kid, my Mom loves to dress us up in floral balloon dresses. Then when I was I was teenager, I wore bootleg pants! LOL That was the fad then. Now my boyfriend checks out those photos and he was like "Wow, groovy!" LOL

Werbung:
Yes, my style has changed, but only a little. I've always loved skirts and dresses and I still do, but I like different colors now. When I was a child, I used to wear only pink clothes, everything had to be pink, even my socks. As a teenager I prefered blue and now almost all of my clothes are black. I wonder what will be next:p

Back