• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

How do you handle this heat?

dconklin

For more then a week now our temperatures have been unbearably hot! You walk outside and sweat, it is disgusting :( If I do anything outside, I lose my energy for the rest of the day because the heat just takes it all out of me.

I am trying to get things done that need to be done, but finding it very difficult! Laundry has been put off because the thought of being in the basement and running the dryer overwhelms me. The news did say that we are supposed to get a break and have temperatures back in the 80s in a couple days, but wow this is crazy weather! We have had hot days in the summer every year, but not usually for this long - maybe 2 or 3 days and then the temperatures go back down. Not this year, it has been over a week and at least 2 more days to go. We are in excessive heat warnings and have been. One of our air conditioners shorted the breaker from overworking and we had to give it a break.

We have been drinking plenty of cold water but it is hard to cook too. Too hot to grill and yet you don't want to cook inside. How do you handle excessive heat?

Werbung:
Very, very fortunately we have the below swimming pool to...cooooooooooooooooool off in! :)

swimming-pool-08_zpsc73b3045.jpg

Actually, I like when it's hot. I always try to imagine that I'm on vacation in an exotic country, this way it's easier to deal with the heat:) And it feels like an adventure. I drink cold water with lemon juice and I dream:D
What I like the most about summer is that I don't have to wear too many clothes, a tank top and a skirt is enough. It's so convenient!:)

Very, very fortunately we have the below swimming pool to...cooooooooooooooooool off in! :)
Nice! Our yard is not big enough to put in a nice size pool - nobody's yard is in town here. We do have a nice town pool, but when it was that hot I didn't even want to go outside long enough to go to the town pool! Now if we had this pool in our back yard, I would have been in it every day :)

I don't do too well with handling the heat at all. The temps that I feel best at are like 65-68F. :whistle:

When it's close to or above 90 like it is today and has been for much of the summer, I just try to stay cool and hydrated with the a/c and water. When I have to go out, I just deal until it's time to get back and cool off.

Werbung:
I don't do too well with handling the heat at all. The temps that I feel best at are like 65-68F. :whistle:

When it's close to or above 90 like it is today and has been for much of the summer, I just try to stay cool and hydrated with the a/c and water. When I have to go out, I just deal until it's time to get back and cool off.
We started to have some nice weather surprisingly in August, but now it is getting hot again. But nothing like it was in July, July was a very hot and nasty month. People lost power from too much electricity being used and the power grid couldn't handle it, that didn't happen in our town but not far from us it did. We tripped the breakers from the A/Cs overworking. It was horrible!

Back