• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

How Do You Change Your Style?

Liquid.Velvet

Hiya ^_^ So basically I want to start expressing myself with the way I dress a bit more. I've always wanted to get out there with the things I wear, and just reflect how I feel in them, but I've always been too scared, suddenly I have the urge to do it anyway. Problem: How drastic is too drastic? How can somebody go from guy bullhead jeans from pac sun and plain colored T shirts from camps and fifth grade Christmas? Makeup? I've always wanted to do crazy things with my makeup... but HOW WEIRD TO JUST START! So I don't know. I'm also thinking about hair cuts... hair color... but how will I know if I'm going to look like crap or not? Well... ideas, opinions, personal stories, whatever!
Thanks!

Werbung:
You can go from anything to anything!!! Don't ask me about make up though LOL I cannot apply make up to save myself... but youtube have great videos on how to apply it!!

Best advice I can give you is not to change everything at once but do it gradually.

Ask your hairdresser for advice about a new style and colour......no hairdresser worth their salt is going to lie to you and will give honest opinions about what they think will and wil not suit you. And don't be scared of make-up !! play about with it in front of a mirror and see what you like, go crazy with it ....remember it washes off !!!

I reckon do whatever you feel like. Who cares what other people think? As long as you are happy. In the last 3 years I have been through the following hair colours:
- Blonde (My natural colour)
- Fluro Green
- Electric Blue
-Fluro Pink
- Fire Engine Red
-Fluro Orange
- Fluro pink and fire Engine Red
- Purple
- It has now been black for about 2 years.

So don't worry about being drastic. I had great fun doing my hair different colours
<

just do whatever changes your comfortable with at one time. you can ease yourself into it. I went from wearing dude jeans and t-shirts that were like, two sizes to big to my neon rave shorts and fitted t-shirts, or tanktops or wifebeaters. lol. I cut off my hair and colored it, now i have sort of a dark red pixie cut thing going on.
anyway, just do whatever you're comfortable with and just slide on into yourself! don't make drastic changes or you'll make everyone freak out. ^^ good luck

Liquid.Velvet;36361 said:
Hiya ^_^ So basically I want to start expressing myself with the way I dress a bit more. I've always wanted to get out there with the things I wear, and just reflect how I feel in them, but I've always been too scared, suddenly I have the urge to do it anyway. Problem: How drastic is too drastic? How can somebody go from guy bullhead jeans from pac sun and plain colored T shirts from camps and fifth grade Christmas? Makeup? I've always wanted to do crazy things with my makeup... but HOW WEIRD TO JUST START! So I don't know. I'm also thinking about hair cuts... hair color... but how will I know if I'm going to look like crap or not? Well... ideas, opinions, personal stories, whatever!
Thanks!

Style comes with taste. Taste comes with emotions, emotions come from the heart. Your way of expressing feelings and emotions is by the style: emo style is for people who are desperate and don't want to live. Hippies are people of freedom(i don't want to mention sex and drugs here, but i have to, cuz thats what hippies are all about) and ect.
So you have to choose your style! A few moths ago i had the same feeling - i wanted something fresh and new. And i cut my hair short, put some lip gloss, light make up(just a little bit, so i won't look too normal :lol: ) and some work with my new hair and maybe clothes and i have a new style, my own style. Something fresh and new, just what i wanted. Now i look better. Try something like this, you won't regret it. But don't forget to listen to what you really want. All fresh ideas come up there, right *points head* :D:D:D

Werbung:
I used to be pretty plain until last year, when I gradually got into goth and emo makeup/clothes. I also feel like I have to express myself in some way, but I have been made fun of how I look. The thing is-if you want to make a big style change, make sure you're ready for people's comments. I usually don't care what people say about my black eyeliner or my black clothes because I'm used to being the outcast.

Back