• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

How do I go about asking my mum if I can die my hair?

lovemyusername

I know that this is a bit of a stupid question, but any suggestions because i'm a bit scared of asking her not because I think she'll say no but just because I don't want her to laugh if you know what I mean. Thankyou :)

Werbung:
Well when I was slightly younger than what I am now, I too wanted my hair dyed. I was scared as well to talk to my mom about it. My mom always told me my natural look is better and so on. Anyway my mom finally came up with the idea that when she was a child she asked her mother about coloring her hair and they came to a conclusion that that there are these products in the drugstores that color hair but are washable. So my mom used them as a child as well I did. There pretty neat but a bit messy. It's not permanent but it also doesn't wash off as quickly, so it stays on for a certain period of time. So to me it was a win win situation. I think you should give this idea a thought and maybe it will be less frightful to talk to your mom about it.
Hope I been some help.
Take Care :)

Hm, why don't you clean the house a little & be nicer around her and maybe she'll soften up and then ask her a couple days later. :]

Well, did you ask her? What did she say? My 12 year old son just asked me to dye his hair. I told him I would do it, but with henna. It is not toxic, safer than hair dyes and it will wash out in a couple of months.

Just tell her that you would like to experiment with your hair and see what it would look like a different color. If she says no then tell her you would be willing to go with something that is not too dark or light or freaky. Then maybe she will say yes.

This is an older post. I wonder what happened? Would be great to hear an update about what the outcome was. :)

Hey .. its Okay evrey girl Must go in this sometime ..

Just go 2 her when she is in good mode .. Be a good lady all the week .. and go Ask her Politly

Im really Shure Seh Will Agree .. i tried this Myself <3

I wish we'd all be happy with what we're given. It's a shame that image is so important that we chemically change who we are.

On one hand Orry, I agree with you. We should all be happy just the way we are, but as someone who loves to dye her hair, I also disagree with you. I don't do it to fit in or whatever though. I do it because I get tired of having dark brown hair everyday. I only dye my hair once or twice a year though so its all good. Right now my hair is auburn, maybe the next color I try will turn out more purple. I use normal hair color, but have had some strange color reactions. I once went bright purple (think one of the dad's from Rugrats, the inventor one) in college with a normal box of auburn dye gotten from Walmart.

Make sure you know the costs involved and read about the possible reactions, then explain to your mum what you want. If she says no, accept it and try again in a few months.

So true Katharina. Just ask, the worst she can say is no. Also, being open and having good communication is so important. It also shows maturity, if asked in the proper way.

Werbung:
Don't be tempted to go off and do it without asking your mum. Trust is very easy to lose and so hard to regain, and in time you will need your mum to trust you on bigger decisions.

Back