• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

How Did You Prepare For Pregnancy

Snowbaby

Hello mummies!! I thought this might be an interesting topic.....

Did any of you make special preparations when trying to conceive (TTC)? Did you "get fit", take supplements, etc? Were you previously on the pill? And if so, how long before trying for a baby did you stop?

Has anyone used an ovulation kit and if so, did you find it helpful or a waste of time and money?

Werbung:
With Eden and Seth, I did nothing as they weren't planned pregnancies. Before we started TTC my oldest boys though, I did start to try and eat healthier and get fit, I started taking folic acid tablets too

Folic Acid is very important because it helps prevent spina bifida

Quite a few of my friends were also told to start taking Pre-Natal supplements up to six months before they started trying.

Yep, good point.

What I wonder though... the experts say you should take Folic Acid a bit before you start trying.... say you start on Folic Acid, and you have been trying for over a year, or many years, do you keep taking the folic acid all that time?

I didnt really do anything my bf and i decided we wanted a baby i went of my pill and 2 months later i was pregnant. I think im one of those very lucky people who have no problems concieving.

This time however i am quite i bit bigger than last time so i am losing alot of weight before i get pregnant again for my sake and the babies but once that weight comes off we are trying again. which sounds kinda silly cause im just gonna put it all back on but its better i put it back on being smaller than putting it on over what i am now

Werbung:
I never prepared for pregancy. However a good healthy diet and exercise (getting your body into tip top condition) would be important for the best start.
As for folic acid, experts suggest taking it whilst actively trying to conceive and obviously it's very important for the first 4 months at least, of pregnancy to help protect against spina bifida.
Folic Acid is good for you so if you are taking it now why stop?
There are vitamin and mineral supplements on the market for women who are trying to conceive to give your body that extra boost of what it need's too.

Someone very close to me came off the pill a year before conceiving but she had 'other problems' when it came to baby making anyway. She used ovulation kits but said it was a waste of time and money. She decided to let nature takes it's course..and taa daah! She is now pregnant. Just my point of view but if a woman has no prevoius medical conditions or her partner in the baby making stakes I think that ovulation kits aren't neccessary. However if there is a past history than I imagine it would help and anyway why not give it a whirl!
<

Back