• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

His and Her Matching Outfits

Parker

While out having dinner with my friend, I spotted a couple with his and her matching outfits. They were both wearing matching shirt/blouse and khaki pants with white sneakers. The choice of outfits aside (I'm in California), how do feel when you see couples wearing his and her outfits?

Werbung:
I'm really not a big fan of matching outfits regardless.

Coordinating outfits, though? They can look great. For example, wearing complimentary colors that don't clash, or wearing a belt that matches his shirt, etc.

I think it is a little silly. It seems like something that two siblings would wear. My grandma has asked before why my daughter and I do not have Mommy and me outfits. I think the idea is a little silly. Seeing a couple with matching outfits would look kind of corny to me.
I agree with Jessi though and think that coordinating outfits can look good. Wearing the same colors to a wedding or for picture day is a good idea and you would probably get many compliments.

I'd rather wear something complementary rather than literally matching outfits. However, I would understand if this couple you are talking about are teenagers. Because love is a lot more fun when you are younger... the inhibition are a lot less compared to older more mature relationships.

Anyway, I wouldn't personally wear literally matching shirts.

Matching outfits just freaks me out. It's almost like "we are so in love we can not be individuals and must look alike." I always wonder whose idea it was to do that in the first place. I would never wear matching outfits.

I find it adorable! My boyfriend and I, we don't wear matching outfits because I wear only lace and frills, but I think it would be cute to find something we both like, sweaters perhaps or shirts:D Of course we would wear it only from time to time, just for fun:D

but I think it would be cute to find something we both like, sweaters perhaps or shirts.

So uh, I misread that as "skirts" there and had a little giggle before I realized my mistake. I bet he'd wear a skirt for you if you asked, though, lol.

I would giggle with my daughters if I see couples wearing his and hers outfits. It's like they're trying so hard to tell the whole world that they're together. I don't mind having matching outfits for the whole family on special occasions like when attending a family reunion or a wedding. It just looks nice to have the whole family dressed in the same color scheme.

I would definitely never do that on purpose. My boyfriend and I already are the exact same height and we have the same NAME, so if we were to dress in matching outfits it would really start crossing the line into la-la ridiculous land...lol.

But it's funny, sometimes we match our outfits without meaning to. One day we both had on bright red pants and blue shirts and we didn't do it on purpose... lol we're twin souls. :)

Matching outfits don't have to be very obvious. For example, they both wear striped clothes - but they don't look identical, I find it adorable although the dress is not my style at all:

Diane-Kruger-Joshua-Jackson-matching-outfits-stripes.jpg

These outfits would be perfect for my boyfriend and me, we both like clothes that don't look too casual:

kw1.jpg

I find it rather disturbing to be honest - and also hysterical. Talk about insecure - they may as well mark out their territory by peeing on each other and have done with it!

Lol Sparkle!

Claudine, I don't like either of the examples you gave, but I know what you mean. You can wear coordinating outfits without being super matchy-matchy. I can get on board with that a lot more.

Hubby & I almost always match but that's because we usually wear blue jeans & band T-shirts. He wears black work boots while I have black skater shoes so from the back, we look like we're wearing the same thing but if you see us from the front, we don't. Its really rare for use to even wear a shirt that shows the same band. LOL

Werbung:
Sparkles29, in my opinion it doesn't have anything to do with insecurity. Wearing matching outfits is just very cute:D
How do you feel about these outfits? Personally, I love them:

tumblr_mbr0akjYVd1qcx0s3o1_500.jpg

Back