• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

"hidden Topics"

Snowbaby

No threads have been removed!
I've set the forums to show only the threads from the last 30 days by default.

However there are drop down menus at the bottom of each forum where you can change it to show all or from another timescale
<

Werbung:
OK, this is just my suggestion, but the setting you have enabled is better for forums where the posting is very fast. In this forum the posting is a bit slow in places, meaning that some places are hardly showing up any topics because they have all dropped past 30 days.

People don't notice the drop down thingy, believe me. They either think there are no topics or their topic was deleted (frustrating for infrequent visitors). Usually they don't bother to ask, and just join another board so you lose members.

With the traffic and posting you have, you'd be much better off having it set to show all topics regardless of date. This may help you encourage members and posting to such a point where forum pruning might be practical.

Werbung:
Thanks for the comments.

It has always been set to "show all" but most of the forums have pages of posts, so I personally feel this is better. Not quite so bulky.

Back