• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Help, school stuff (boyfriend, friends...)

Thiaa

Hi girls, I'm Thia.
Well, last year I was the typical "good student": a bit shy and this sort of things. But this year I started hanging out with some social girls and I became exactly like them. I started hanging out also with guys... I wore different clothes and I had a new attitude. People really liked me (I think so) and invited me always to go everywhere with them.
It was awesome, but, the big problem: my grades... They sucked!
So this year I want to have the social life I had last year but I also want to dedicate myself to school as before. I want to be with my boyfriend, with my friends and with all of them but I can't balance the two things ... Help me please!

Werbung:
Hmm... I am afraid I am not an expert on the social thing, but here is my input.

Before you make plans, think. Always put your schoolwork first. Do your homework as soon as you walk in the door at home, that way you won't get too relaxed or caught up in other things and then feel like procrastination. That is BAD. When making plans, make sure you have time to do your work first.

And in class, sit up front and maybe even away from your friends if possible, if you think you are going to talk to them and be distracted by them while the teacher is giving a lesson. This is especially important in high school when colleges look at your grades.

Anyway, good luck, and remember don't give up hope. :) My grades were awful last year but now I've brought them up and I've moved on.

Your school or studies should be on top of your priority lists. Make sure to always have time to study and time for your projects. Doing projects and assignments as fast as you could (but with good output) could give you some time for other things just like your social life.

I agree with the other girls school always comes first. Just remember that high school is only a small part of your life and without schooling the majority of it is going to suck big time. High school is full of peer pressure of people wanting you to hang, be cool and forget school but in the end you will pay for it. If you have a good education and work hard there is no end to where you can go and popularity in the adult world in usually in the work industry.

Do you have a study period or other free time at school? I always tried to squeeze in some homework during those times. Please remember, if you do not do good in school, you might fail in life later on. Your social life is fun now, but will your friends still like you when your working at a fast food restaurant while they go to college? You might even want to consider friends who like to study and be social.

Werbung:
It really depends what level of school you're at. I really regret trying so hard at school when I was younger, because it didn't really count toward anything. I'm in year 11 now, so school is a lot more serious. If you're aiming for a good college or course, then of course you'll have to try harder. But if you know that you'll still have other options if your grades aren't exactly perfect, then you'll be fine.

The idea is to be the most efficient as possible. Don't waste any time doing anything stupid, and concentrate on your homework when you're doing it. That way you'll do your homework well, but quickly. Then you'll have plenty of time to spend with your friends. I'm sure you can find that balance.

Back