• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

"heat Spots" ?

Snowbaby

Does anyone ever get what I call "Heat Spots" ?

It's like... a big red blotch, with a whiteish centre, that pulsates with your heartbeat? Very hot, kinda itchyish, slightly swollen, and if you run cold water over it, or hold something cold on for a while, it calms it down? Normally on face/forehead?

Anyone know what causes these? I used to get them when I was in school, and then they stopped, but the last few weeks or so, I've had a fair amount of them, so bloody annoying, makes you feel very paranoid
<

Werbung:
I'm fine. They are just annoying. I've got one just now and it's covering almost half my forehead!
<
Not normally so big. Not harmful or sore or anything!!

Well... id say heat spots are usually caused by blocked pores.. basicly the sweat has no way of escaping so it turns into a heatspot/spot type of thing... recently i've been getting quite alot of spots.. i think its the deoderant i've been using or something.. as most of them are under my arm.. but then again it could just be heat spots anyhoo... exfoliate
<
<
<

wahey... i was right lol i decided to have a little google at heat rash/spots on google
<
and i came up with this site basicly it just says what i said.. sweat trapped under the skin and what not and if you go right to the bottom and click the link it gives you some ways or preventing it and treating it.. but basicly it says it should go away in a few days anyhoo
<
<

it will be...
<
that site is going on about heat rashes and heat spots.. basicly a lump under the skin because of trapped sweat... maybe its like a boil you've got?

Snowy not sure what it is, but you might want to consider that it is an allergic reaction. Something you might want to consider if you've:

Changed soap/ face cream etc... (didn't you start using a tanning product?)

Changed your diet? (even herbal teas)

Started new medication?

Have you noticed a pattern prior to a "breakout"?

[Yes, bubbles, lots of boils.

Dotty, I used to get them all the time whilst in school, but then they calmed down. Now they back with avengance. No pattern, no change in soap products, I haven't been using the lotion on my face cos I have sensitive skin, no change in diet, I have started new meds but about 5 or 6 weeks ago, this has just started in the last 2 weeks or so.

I had on on my cheek earlier so tried a Body Shop Seaweed Purifying Cleanser that I bought ages ago but never used. It seems to have calmed down but it's a horrid self-conscious red blotch
<

No likey
<

Well if its boils.. its a bacterial thing under the skin.. so just place a warm cloth on them and it will help them go down
<

lol I was being sarcy
<

I think it's possibly linked to my eczema to be honest, just would like to know what's causing it.
<

It could very well be triggered by your eczema, not sure though. Snowy have you ever tried using witch hazel on it? I find it very soothing for skin irritations

Werbung:
Sometimes I get little blotchy spots on my hands and legs when I use Olay Body Lotion. Thats so annoying. And then catie has to be all -- Ok nevermind thats a whole other story.

Maybe its built up stress. My mom is always way stressed and her faceis like a little red balloon.

Back