• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Headlice (nits)

Snowbaby

The Bug Buster Kit - the best treatment for head lice

Reusable - Ideal for detection & eradication without using pesticides, or to check the efficacy of
any treatment

Effective - up to four times more effective than pesticide treatments

With the unique combs in the Bug Buster Kit, your usual shampoo and any conditioner you can detect and clear head lice and remove nits, following the instructions included in the Kit. The bevel-edged teeth of our specially developed Bug Buster comb comfortably pick up head lice which the more rounded teeth of other fine tooth combs miss. The teeth are precisely spaced, close enough to swiftly lift out newly-hatched head lice, whilst still allowing easy movement through the hair.

• * Lice cannot become resistant (immune) to the Bug Busting Method.
    * Bug Busting fits in with weekly hairwashing to keep you on top of head lice.
    * Bug Busting is a safe, no-pesticides way to cope with head lice routinely and in a crisis.
    * You only need one re-usable Kit for the whole family - you'll never have to buy another head lice treatment!

Source, more information & to buy the bug busting kit

Werbung:
Adding a few drops of tea tree oil to both bottles of shampoo and conditioner is supposed to be a good preventative

I am always receiving letters from the school that there is a case of head lice in the class. I always check my daughter's hair but some peaple obviously don't as they keep reoccurring. I don't use the lotions, i used to use the conditioner method and still do sometimes but because Madeline has long hair it can take a long time and can be painful to check. I have found however that if i use a electronic comb, that was intended for the cat, i can check for lice whilst distracting her with the telly and this works better. If there are any it zaps them.

You can buy medicated shampoo from your chemist... but you should only use it during times when you actually have headlice as you can become immune to it.

I have just got rid of them twice in my daughters hair it was horrible
<

i tried all aosrts of stuff n nothing seemed to shift them either that or as opal flower said some people just dont bother to treat there kids for it and the keep comin back i dont know what to try next i do her hair everynight and i still find eggs help??!?

I have just order some of that stuff snowbaby has put the link up for so hopefully get them sorted she seems to be clear for now but dont know how long it will last with the kids bein back at school now
<

thanks snowbaby
<

I have had a major issue with lice for years. I do the the treatments clean the house wash the bedlinens vacuum the couch. Unfortunately my youngest daughter goes to her dad's house and comes home with it and it all has to be done all over again. I am to the point of not letting her go, but that isn't fair to her. Does any one know of a preventative that would last through her 2 or 3 day visit with her dad? I am going bonkers with all of this.

There are already some ready made solution being sold or commercialized products to get rid of head lice. Although I have not tried it I think it will be worth trying since it was not that expensive and said to be safe, just follow instructions properly.:p

I second the tea tree oil as mentioned above. I also recommend rinsing your hair with ACV (Apple cider vinegar). ACV is my life line, it has fixed practically ever health issue I had. Skin problems, stomach problems, lice, Urinary tract infections you name it.

Werbung:
My youngest had head lice a few weeks ago and it's the first time any of us has been effected with them. Fortunately the rest of us appear to be "nit free" even though he has a tendency to kiss and cuddle with his head far too close to ours!

I tried the bug busting way to remove them using a special comb and hair conditioner and I did remove about 5 live ones but even with repeated attempts I found that a week later they were back. The chemist gave me some clear liquid to put on his hair which had to be left in overnight and washed out the next morning. After repeating it 7 days later we appear to be head lice free!

Back