• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Have A Happy Period, Always

PamBeacher

So, even though I am sure its TMI, I am going to tell you this. I purchased a bag of Always. The Overnight purple ones. I hemorrhage so much I figured the more protection the better. So, I open the pad, and start to unfold it, and its like unrolling a sleeping bag! It just kept unrolling and unrolling. Then I remove the back paper to find a cute little message there, "Have a happy period" Ok seriously who wrote that freaking campaign for Always? I am positive a woman never did. I am sure a focus group of men, were sitting around saying what can we do to make women enjoy their period? I know, its mind of matter. If we tell them to have a happy period, they will! OMG Stop it always, it just isn't right.

Werbung:
I totally agree with you that a man had to come up with that slogan... A woman would know better. I've thought about writing to Always & tell them that their slogan isn't helpful, in fact it makes many women aggravated to see it 3-4 times a day minimum.

I've read countless stories online from women who have actually emailed the company in regards to this slogan. Every email I've read on the matter has been hilarious and I'm pretty sure the person in charge of fielding these complaints is in fact a man. This post reminded me of the commercials on television with all the happy images of dancing and stuff. Seriously? Why would anyone think that is what it is like each month? To truly portray the reality of a woman's period in a television ad, would be much more somber and horrifying in nature. I want to see a feminine product commercial actually designed by a woman! I bet their spin on the matter would be much different.

LOL it has to be a man! They don't know the pain and suffering we go through monthly... oh wait they do or at least the men in my family know to stay clear of me when I am PMSing.
From No Strings Attached.

The commercial that goes with this slogan is terrible as well. There are umbrella's and beach chairs made of sanitary towels, and in another one it's supposed to be a lotus flower or something. I think it really looks stupid; it isn't supposed to be funny but that's the only way to look at it. And not funny in a good way; it's pretty stupid actually.

Happy period is an oxymoron, like jumbo shrimp. Seriously, how can one have a happy period. If each Always pad came with a regular Reeses Peanut Butter Cup, the slogan 'hopes this helps you through your period' might have worked for me.
I am interested to see if they will come up with something snappy for tampons!

Well for me, monthly periods are not really a big deal. Yes, I've had cramps but not to the point that I cannot deal with it. So I can actually have fun and go out without worrying about it.

As for Always, I think we do not have this sanitary pad brand in the country. But I do know a local brand who's also using that slogan for its commercials. Well I guess they are saying that when you use their product then you will have a "happy period" LOL :p

Oh, I really dislike this slogan! I don't think the women in the commercials have ever had a cramp! Unless the pad was created with some happy medicines or something to make me forget, it's certainly not going to change those 5 days a month into the most exciting part of my life.

I do like the Reeses Cup idea though, I think you're onto something great!

Commercials/slogans/advertisements of products are sometimes if not often, are far from reality. They just want to make their commercial pleasing regardless if it is all fact about women or about their product. Since the main purpose of those product makers is to profit and so making their products seems to be the best of the best. Maybe if they will show a woman being moody while wearing their pad, no one would buy it.:p

That slogan is for "sales" purposes. Thinking that if they have that slogan, girls will definitely go for them because by using their item, we could have a happy period. That's all I can see about it, nothing else. This is driving women to go for their brand because they promise happier days while having our monthly thingie. Little did they know that a brand of sanitary napkin is just that-- a brand. Little did they know that having a period does not only involve cramps here and there, terrible mood swings, crazy cravings and appetite, and you know what else. Having the best brand of sanitary napkin in the market is just a tiny consideration when having a period because a lot of not-happy stuff are going on when one is having a menstrual period.

That slogan is for "sales" purposes. Thinking that if they have that slogan, girls will definitely go for them because by using their item, we could have a happy period. That's all I can see about it, nothing else. This is driving women to go for their brand because they promise happier days while having our monthly thingie. Little did they know that a brand of sanitary napkin is just that-- a brand. Little did they know that having a period does not only involve cramps here and there, terrible mood swings, crazy cravings and appetite, and you know what else. Having the best brand of sanitary napkin in the market is just a tiny consideration when having a period because a lot of not-happy stuff are going on when one is having a menstrual period.

Maybe if we used an iPad instead... :rofl:

Werbung:
Back