• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Has anyone ever studied at a free education site?

angelle

Recently, I started studying business administration at the Saylor Foundation, which is a free education site. They also allow you to gain credit recommendation through NCCRS. You can take the free classes that you learned and gain up to 30 credits and tansfer them to a college or university that has approved the NCCRS. There is an exam fee. You have to take an exam for each class that you would like to gain credit recommendation for, and the fee is $25.00 per class.

I personally think this is a great idea, and it saves a lot on money. I would be able to get 21 credits for $175.00 in lieu of paying $4000 for 7 classes and books at a college. I would now need 40 credits to graduate with my Bachelor of Arts degree in Marketing: Social Media at SNHU.

Would any of you consider it or have you done it before?

Werbung:
I wasn't aware that something like this existed. My first thought was that it may not be accepted for credits but you already said it is, so I should look into it. I do know that some of the online-only university degrees are not readily accepted as genuine when job-seeking, but this doesn't sound like that type of thing either... thank you for bringing this up... I will definitely be looking into it!

Oh, are those exams proctored at a brick and mortar establishment, or totally online? That's a very reasonable cost for an exam fee.

Coincidentally, I've been looking at Saylor, I already have a bachelor's degree but I'm considering furthering my education and studying for my masters or pursuing a second bachelor's degree. :)

The last few months I've also studied a few free university level classes online through Edx.org (which was set up by MIT and Harvard) and Coursera.org (which has Yale as a partner). I highly reccomend Edx as the certificates are all free and the online learning environment is leading edge.

Werbung:
I've used Coursera and edX and some are excellent course which allow you to see whether that subject is right for you. You never know how it is until you have tried and at University and school I dropped subjects that looked good and had great reviews, but didn't suit me.

I've always had the free certificates, but recently paid for a Coursera one as I want to use it to help me get into Law school, by showing I have commitment to courses and also some knowledge of legal studies.

Back