• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Harry Potter VS Twilight - which side are you on?

Well, hanging my head in shame because I have not read or seen any of the Harry Potter or Twilight series. The only thing I can base my opinion on is one game. Yes, we have the Lego Harry Potter game for the Wii. I have played it with my kids, (okay, I don't know what I am doing other than collecting studs) so, Harry has the edge.

Werbung:
I don't like teen vampire anything. Would prefer True Blood or something more grown up. Same goes for child magicians. Not really for me. So then neither. When my daughter is older, like maybe ten years old, and wants to read/watch Harry Potter, then yes i will too. But not before then.

I am a huge fan of Harry Potter. I remember when a good friend of mine gave me the first book (Sorcerer's Stone) and I didn't have any idea what the book was about. He also didn't have any clue when I asked him, he just said he bought it because it was a bestseller. :D The book got me hooked, I just love Harry Potter.

Anyway, Twilight is good but I'm really not a fan though I've seen the movie series. :)

I like both (currently reading the complete Twilight books) but Harry Potter is a saga in its own class!

I must say that I am a Twilight fan. I have the book collection and can't wait to get the movie collection. I have to say that Bella can be a bit much at times. I love the romance that Bella and Edward have.

Do i have to choose? I love both! Harry Potter is more entertaining and fun, whereas Twilight is more intense and emotional. Both appeal well to their target audience, I guess Harry Potter has a much broader appeal. Oh and I do have a thing for Edward Cullen lol :)

Harry Potter although I've never quite understood the basis for comparison. Twilight is a supernatural romance series, Harry Potter is fantasy. Twilight is about vampires and werewolves, Harry Potter has practically everything BUT vampires (they're mentioned in passing I think but never actually play into the story). The Twilight creatures expose themselves to mortals, in Harry Potter that's a crime. Twilight has three characters, Harry Potter has dozens of secondary characters who are developed almost as thoroughly as the main characters. I really think it's a case of comparing apples to basketballs.

Twilight was ok, but I LOVE Harry Potter. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! :) Twilight I felt was basically love story and the detail in teh book wasn't good. It felt like half the books were about 'do I love edward, do I love jacob.' etc etc.

Harry Potter on the other hadn was a well-developed and thought out story that spanned a decade of writing and everything built on everything else.

I'm on neither!

If I have to choose, I'd say Harry Potter because I'm at least familiar with it. I never read the books but I watched a few of the movies with kids I was babysitting. They're not bad, but the hype really killed any desire for me to ever read the books or get really into them.

I did not quite get into Twilight. I think by the time it got famous, I was tired of the vampire theme. However, Harry Potter is in a league of its own. It really tells such a universal story in such a big way, giving lessons in a non-preachy and insightful way.

The fundamental battle between good and evil is always so much fun to observe. The dark elements are always balanced with humor. Love it!

So, Harry Potter for me. It has created its own universe and that is something! A universe I would love to visit too.

While I can stomach the Twilight book ( Stephenie Meyer is actually a decent author ) I hate
the films, where as I love the Harry Potter books and films. There's just some kind of allure.
I don't know if I prefer magicians and warlocks to vampires, but I have yet to watch one
single Twilight film all the way through, while I've watched all in the Harry Potter series more
than once.

I have to say Twilight, I was very intrigued when I first say Twilight. I must say the only reason I watched the first one was because nothing else was on TV, but I was hooked after I did. I got online and immediately watched the other 2 films ( only 3 were out at the time).

I have never seen nor read any Harry Potter movies or books. It just does not interest me for some reason.

Werbung:
I prefer Harry Potter. Even though I'm not a kid anymore, I dream about becoming a member of a school of magic. I just love the idea. These books are fantastic, reading them is like a great idea. I also love vampires, they're fascinating in my opinion, but I didn't enjoy watching Twilight at all, I found it just silly. Vampires shouldn't shine in the sun:p .

Back