• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Harry Potter VS Twilight - which side are you on?

sheepswitch

As the title says, are you more into the dynamic world of magic or the romantic and blood-sucking vampires? I personally prefer the Harry Potter series - movies and books both. I have my few own reasons to prefer Harry Potter over Twilight:

I'm not very romantic :p
I was always interested in the concept of magic.
I have a massive crush on Alan Rickman (hey! this counts).
If you take the time to read Harry Potter, you'll notice how excellently it's written.
Harry Potter tackles the world issues better.

I tried to watch Twilight and I'm so sorry but, it turned out to be a dud! I love vampires but not this time. The acting was horrible as well. Sorry.

So, which side are you on, girls? Do you swoon at the site of Edward or are you flying on a hippogriff with Harry?

Werbung:
i totally agree with you. harry potter was just an amazing book and it not only focus on love but a lot of things as well like courage, friendship and family. JK Rowling is genius and I salute her for making Harry Potter.

Just want to add this:
I was just watching a video on their last days of Harry Potter and Dan was making his speech and he cried in the middle of the speech and he hugged both Emma ans Rupert and I was already in tears. I will really miss the movie and will definitely go back reading the books again!

I love both for a number of reasons:

Harry Potter
  • Good actors
  • Based on books by an INTELLIGENT author
  • Great special-effects
Twilight
  • Dark-romance <33333
  • Catchy story
  • Beautiful actors - it's difficult to see an actor (or actress)there that is not attractive.
OK, if I had to choose, I 'd go for Twilight because it is more...me!

I just watched the Harry Potter 7 part 2 and the movie was awesome. Although some parts in the book was not shown, it focuses on the action and it did not fail. Just amazing.

I will be downloading the Twilight movies and watch them, maybe it will change my point of view over the story.

I love Harry Potter and love to hate Twilight. :) I probably would have liked Twilight if I'd read it as a young teenager, but as an adult with a little more experience of the world, I found it disturbing that she was ready to die for love, like, a week after meeting Edward, and even more disturbing that young teenagers around the world are swooning over a guy who breaks into his girlfriend's house without her consent to watch her sleep, tells her constantly how much he wants to kill her, and sabotages her car so she can't visit her friends. That's not love, that's abuse. :p

I am Harry Potter all the way. I have tried to get into Twilight and I just can not seem to do it. After the first movie came out, my daughter was discouraged and said that it did not even come close to doing the book justice. I know that most movies are not as good as the books but at least they come close.

I guess I am just to big of a Potter fan and feel I would be cheating on the Potter folk anyway! LOL

Harry Potter all the way :) could never really get into Twilight to be honest, so many of my friends always said how they loved Twilight and could watch it over and over and I was one who never got into it.

I just watched Twilight as mentioned in my first and it really did not change my view. It made me hate the movie more. Especially when Bella was confused between the two guys. I really did not like it

I also like Harry Potter than Twilight. I had enjoyed watching Harry Potter movies cause i like the story and the characters in the movie. I do not like the story of Twilight and i did not enjoyed watching it at all. Maybe because it was more of a love story.

I still don't understand why people compare the two. They are so different. I can't see a single way they are the same. I personally really like them both, though I have not read Harry Potter I have seen all movies. If I had to choose between the two I would chose Twilight. But glad I don't have to choose.

Well both of them are completely fine with me. I think they're just the same on the romantic and magical/fantasy aspect. And both became a hit! Guess because they are just both good and must-see movies.

That does make sense. I agree, they are both must see! I have seen both several times, I own all of them that are out. I even have a Twilight and Harry Potter party when the new movies come out.

I would choose Harry Potter any day :) I especially enjoyed reading the books. I wish there were more actually. Harry Potter brought me to a different world and I think Harry, the character is very endearing. He is really brave, but at his young age, he did not back out of what was asked of him.

Werbung:
I've read both and seen both and I would have to say Harry Potter for sure. Twilight movies have bad acting and the first movie was just terribly made. The books just get super boring after a while and I feel like the same thing happens in every single book. Harry Potter is made up of great movies and books. The books are exciting, and well written. I am rereading them right now and I cannot put them down! Plus, the new Harry Potter world at Universal Studios is awesome!

Back