• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Hard To Love A Child?

Snowbaby

I'm watching a programme just now called "Bad Behaviour".

Not wanting to sound judgmental, but I know I will...Apologies first off!

I cannot understand this woman at all. She says she is unable to kiss her child goodnight because "she answers back to me all the time". The cameraman says why not kiss her goodnight this evening. Her response is, "yeh I guess I could, I'll do it when she is asleep so it'll be a bit easier". She goes up to the little girls room, goes in, strokes her face, comes back downstairs and says "I can't kiss her".

The child is 7 years old. She is constantly angry, bad behaviour, etc, etc.... all because she is convinced her mother does not love her.

The mother resents the child because she fell pregnant unepectedly at 52 yrs old. She says very openly "I had the chance to get rid of it, I chose the wrong option".

"It" ??? She's a child, a person, a human being, not a thing!!!!!!!!!

Further on in the programme, the wee girl snuggles into her mum and says "I love mummy". The mum's response? "That's not what you normally say".

Why can't she accept it and tell the child she loves her too.
<
This woman is constantly negative, is it any wonder the girl behaves as she does!!! They've just said that 3 weeks prior to the filming of the programme, the parents wanted the wee girl taken into care.

Poor child
<

Werbung:
Sounds to me like she DOESN'T love the child, the child feels it, if not outright knows it, and therefore acts out in an attempt to get her mother's attention. Negative attention is better than no attention at all, in the mind of a child.
Where's the dad in all of this, and what sort of relationship does HE have with the child?

His relationship seemed to be a lot smoother with her.

She kept winding the poor wee mite up, and he would back the girl up with "Leave her alone" etc. Sad.

I guess ok you'd have to be in the situation to understand her actions, but it's inexcusable in my opinion...
<

Werbung:
I think I saw this programme, by the end the mother was alot better if its the same one. I still think its awful that you could treat your child like that, I hate it when my kids won't give me and hug and kiss, I don't understand how you can't love your child

Back