• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

*growls*

thistle

FINALLY after about 3 months I have managed to get myself a whole weekend off work....a whole Saturday AND Sunday at home relaxing............or so I thought.

The phone rang at 10 pm last night ........ it was my Saturday girls mum telling me that she couldn't work today because she was sick
<
Now 10 pm is a bit on the late side for me to go phoning the other girls to arrange cover for her shift so yet again I have to cancel MY plans and sacrifice yet another day off so I could be at the store for 9 am so Brian could open the doors.

Granted I only had to stay until 10 am when my senior sales started her shift but my planned long lie still went out the window, not only that but another girl who was sposed to be working from 12 til 4 has also phoned in sick. This leaves Brian and one member of staff all day.............guess who's expecting a phone call to say they can't cope
<
<

It's a DAMN conspiracy to stop me having a weekend off I tell you.

Spose that's what I get for taking the managers job lol

Werbung:
I spose I could but at the end of the day I accepted the responsibilty of making sure the store ran smoothly.......in fact I practically begged for the job so I guess personal sacrifice comes intot the job now and again and I'm just gonna have to put up with it
<

No phone call as yet tho so I might be lucky and not have to go back in *crosses fingers*

Taking on a managerial role doesn't mean your life goes on hold, or revolves around the shop thisty. Your day off is YOUR DAY OFF.... take it!!!

Let's say, you booked a holiday to Lapland for a week in December (ott I know lol), and the day before you leave this happened... would you cancel your hols?? Then why should you cancel your day off. You need rest as well!!

<

Whether I want to or not, I have to agree with Thistle Snowy. At the end of the day, if the manager of the store is told about someone not making it... and the manager chooses not to go in, and the store stays shut.... It is not only not good for the company, its not good for the store... or reputation of the manager. I think if it wasn't for the fact Thistle had worked most of the last year without much of a break thats a bit of a party pooper, as a once off... I don't think its too bad.... She was only in for an hour lol

Werbung:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chantilly @ Oct 28 2006, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You should get an Assistant Manager to do all the dirty work like this for you.
<
[/b]

lol Tilly Brian IS my assistant manager.........he was covering my day off but when Teresa phoned in sick that left him by himself and company rules state that you cannot open the store unless there are at least 2 people there for safety.

I'm assuming that she's either going to work today or he's got someone to cover her shift because I aint going in today no way ! but n/m after this week me and subby are on holiday for a whole week ! so I'll get a chance to recharge my batteries, so damn tired at the moment I never seem to get a chance to just sit down and chill for more than an hour at a time
<

Back