• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Financial Stress

digitalbrew

We've all been through there- experiencing the stress of financial burdens. Today, I brought my dog to the veterinarian and paid a lot for his medication and treatment. I'm on a tight budget and I have not anticipated this expenditure. It's like having a troublesome kid because he gets into fights with other dogs!

Experienced this kind of stress lately? What do you do to combat financial stress- aside from working super duper hard?

Werbung:
This is happening to me at this very moment. My poor husband is working so hard but his clients are taking their time to pay their accounts. This in turn places us under a financial burden that I would rather do without. The way I deal with the situation is to deal with each day's anxieties one day at a time. I also try not to stress about things that I have no control over. Easier said than done sometimes. It helps to remember that although I am going through a tough time financially there are always those who are worst off and this helps me to appreciate the things that I have and not complain too much about my situation.

There are really times when it seems so hard to budget the money I have for everything like for all the bills I have to pay and for all the things I need to buy. Aside from working hard, I limit myself on unnecessary or not so important expenditures. And also trying my best to save some money for some sort of emergency expenses.

It is a really tough situation. I would say cut down, but I have no idea what your lifestyle is like and if that's possible. It does help to make a budget of your expenses if you haven't already, because that can help show places where you're spending and not getting a lot back. I did that and found that I should give up starbucks coffee. It ate a hole in my budget and wasn't significantly better than coffee from home.

That's all I can do is work super hard. I don't think it really combats the stress, though.

I still feel stressed by it, but I'm at least trying to take care of the situation the best I can.

I think it also helps to vent.

I'm worrying about paying for a trip - I'm in a long distance relationship and my boyfriend is coming to visit. He's covering the plane ticket, but I want to cover expenses when he gets here. However, I'll need to save at least $1000. Right now it seems insurmountable. But I guess if I save $5 here, $5 there, I can make it :). When I talk to friends about it, it gives me relief, and they help out with suggestions. I think it's particularly hard to deal with a limited budget when you're in a financially precarious situation already.

Why do you need to save $1000? Just how long is he going to be staying with you? A visit is great, but you don't need to spend a fortune in order to enjoy your time together.

Times are hard especially when it comes to money. I mean it is crazy how everything can come together one minute and then fall apart the next. I hope that you get what you are looking for and the help that you need. I go through this all the time and it gets better at times and then worse. I have two kids, so there are times when we have to save more money than we spend. I see that many have a lot of issues going on and I agree that it does help to vent and get it out when you are upset and stressed. Good Luck to you all!!

Yes. I have student loan payments. They're $427 per month. That might not seem like too much, but it is a large chunk of change out of your pocket. I don't quality for any forbearance or anything. Anyone else with student loans?

Yes. I have student loan payments. They're $427 per month. That might not seem like too much, but it is a large chunk of change out of your pocket. I don't quality for any forbearance or anything. Anyone else with student loans?

My partner and I are in the same situation, thanks to his 40+ grand student loan debt. I have zero debts, so it's frustrating that his debts still hold me back. What's even more frustrating is that he got a degree in something that there isn't any work for.

I don't really stress about money though. I try to just want nothing. I never buy new clothes, don't use expensive makeups/skin care stuff. I stick to cheap, natural homemade skin care and remedies for when we get sick. The biggest thing we need to afford is food. I eat really well and won't compromise that.

Money is money, it's not worth stressing over in my opinion. Just try and spend as little of it as possible, but when things come up (like a vet visit for your pet) just know that in a year or two that stress will be gone. Everything is always okay. I mean we've all survived this long, right?

Money is not worth stressing over. Just work a little harder and make mini goals to tackle your debt. If you have huge student loan debt, try looking into consolidating the debt or extending the life of the loan to make your payments smaller.

I do have financial stress because I want to move into an apartment with no roommates. I live in an expensive city, so I need to stabilize my income before I can do that. I can lively cheaply except for the rent.

I'm working extra hard to make that happen. To combat crushing under pressure I meditate.

The bright side of it is that unexpected expenditure does not come by every other day. If that were to happen we would not be able to sleep a wink at night. See if you can open a savings account and put some money away every month in it to cover for such unforeseen expenses.

I put away some money every month and I'm always prepared for such unanticipated expenses, like paying for a parking ticket which is something that really annoys me no end. But what must be paid has to be paid, so I keep training myself not to stress over it and lose my cool. I tell myself that as long as I have a roof over my head and two square meals on my table the rest is all bonus anyway. With that outlook, having to spend my money on unforeseen expenditure does not pinch that much.

Werbung:
These past few months had been quite stressful for me and my husband financially. Two months ago, my car broke down and had to be sent for repairs and last month, my daughter's college fees were due and it seems like every month, there's always one thing or another to break our budget. I hope in December when my husband receives his bonus, everything will be back to normal.

Back