• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Extra Virgin Coconut Oil?

Parker

I have been reading a lot about the benefits of extra virgin coconut oil. I went to my favorite health food store to buy some. I discovered that it comes in two forms, a liquid and a solid.

Which version is best? Is the solid version less refined?

Werbung:
It doesn't come in two forms... All coconut oil is solid at temperatures below 72 degrees and liquid at temps higher than that. I've never heard of a coconut oil that stays liquid no matter what. It must be some new thing. Definitely not traditional coconut oil and you want the traditional. Just get basic extra virgin coconut oil, it should always be solid when it's cool.

Jesserotica nailed it.

If you're finding it in a liquid form in an air conditioned store, then it's not pure coconut oil that you're seeing and I wouldn't recommend buying it.

Thanks so much for the feedback. I haven't looked at coconut oil since I posted this thread. The store carries various version of coconut oil, but I will buy the solid form that's extra virgin.

Werbung:
I bought the extra virgin coconut oil. It was solid. I love it! It's now my primary oil. I used to use grapeseed oil, but now I use the coconut oil for most everything.

The liquid stuff was olive oil mixed with coconut oil. Eww.

Back