• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Domestic abuse

Gabriellea

With the recent Depp/Heard divorce, domestic violence has become the topic to discuss around the world. Therapists, survivors, and others have all given their opinions, but who knows the truth?

Sometimes the quiet party is the one being abused. I have friends who were a couple and both abused one another, but she pressed charges and dropped them a few times. Then when I spoke to him alone and saw him, I realized he was the one being abused and kept quiet because he didn't think anyone would believe him.

He was supposed to meet me to help me with my luggage to the station the next day after we had drinks, and told me he had been wandering the streets finding a place to crash after we had left the bar as she had attacked him. I saw the defense wounds to his arms, and knew he wasn't lying. He never told anyone (a couple of us knew) because who would believe a skinny, petite woman could do that to a taller stronger man? The fact is no one knows unless they were there.

Werbung:
This is a touchy subject. I my self has been a victim of domestic abuse. When you are blinded by love you will let anything happen. It started off as a regular loving relationship. Slowly he started to lore me away from my friends and family . We have two children together and after that thing got worse. He would get drunk and call me out of my name in front of my children. and he would even push me. I accepted all of that because I didn't know my worth. The final straw was when he hit me in my face and he choked me. I felt as if I was going to die and because my friends and family had been forcefully distant it felt as if I didn't have any one to help me. The next day while he was gone I took a leap of faith and packed me and the kids bags and headed to my mothers house. I have been doing fine ever since then.

This is a touchy subject. I my self has been a victim of domestic abuse. When you are blinded by love you will let anything happen. It started off as a regular loving relationship. Slowly he started to lore me away from my friends and family . We have two children together and after that thing got worse. He would get drunk and call me out of my name in front of my children. and he would even push me. I accepted all of that because I didn't know my worth. The final straw was when he hit me in my face and he choked me. I felt as if I was going to die and because my friends and family had been forcefully distant it felt as if I didn't have any one to help me. The next day while he was gone I took a leap of faith and packed me and the kids bags and headed to my mothers house. I have been doing fine ever since then.

I'm glad you are okay, and the thing is many people do suffer in silence. I do feel if you are a victim you don't wish others to know unless necessary, which is why the public Depp/Heard case is sad. She can walk away as she has money, but spends more than she earns. Most people just want to be safe rather than to gain sympathy. If Depp only had a couple of million, maybe this case would not have surfaced?

I am really happy you are alright as well, its tricky with things like this. I haven't personally been in this situation but I had a close friend who was, & unfortunately it didn't end well for her. I just hope more woman have the strength like you to stand up for themselves & their kids so they can be safe.

Werbung:
It is a very serious issue, and anyone can fall victim to it. No one "likes" it as some callous people sometimes claim. It's harder to get away than some would imagine, but it is possible.

I'm glad you were able to get yourself and your children out of that situation, @shakeemarh. I wish you all the best.

Back