• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Does Watching TV Irritate You?

digitalbrew

My sister mentioned some months back how she's stopped watching TV because it changes her. In a sense, she ends up getting more irritated after watching TV than just watching her shows in the computer... I can attest to this as I no longer watch TV myself.

How about you? Have you notice a relationship between your irritability and TV watching?

Werbung:
I don't watch TV and I think my life is better thanks to it. Watching TV is boring and it's a waste of time. My parents always turn TV on when they're at home, it annoys me so much!:mad:

TV does annoy me quite a lot. I find that people are really emotionally swayed by watching the news especially. I will watch shows on my computer sometimes, but I continue working at the same time, so I don't focus entirely on any given show ever.

No, it doesn't irritate me. I've always found watching tv to be very relaxing. I have a brain that's always going going going. I'm very fast paced and a multi tasker and I'm always thinking about the next thing I have to do. When I lay down and watch TV, it's one of the few times where my brain slows down and I allow myself just to zone out and relax.

It depends on what I watch. I do notice that when I watch "police" type shows I become on edge. There are some shows that I have stopped watching and my outlook has improved. I watch most of my TV shows online.

I rarely watch the news online or on TV. It's just too depressing. Reading the news isn't as bad as watching it. I'm not sure why.

I don't watch tv per se. I'm now watching movies and tv shows streamed from the Internet. This way I don't get interrupted by ads. I guess when I used to watch network tv, I do get irritated a lot because of all the interruptions while watching a tv show or news. But now I'm more relaxed and I enjoy my tv shows and movie watching very much.

How about instead of giving up tv altogehter giving up the show that is irritating you. Most people watch tv to relax or 'escape' reality for a bit. Unless I'm watching a stressful sporting event tv doesn't irritate me :)

I don't watch the news. I think there is just too much negativity on the news these days. I guess its because the more sensational or shocking the story is, the better the ratings. I do like running a "calming dvd" like Harry Potter, The Hobbit or something funny like the Big Bang Theory. I usually have one running when I cook or do some work on my laptop at night.

I admit I watch a bit of TV (just my favorite shows) and find that it makes me feel relaxed not irritated. The way I feel after watching a TV show is similar to how I feel after reading a book, calm and relaxed but that's just me. Then again, I do exercise on a daily basis and limit my TV viewing so perhaps that's why I don't feel irritated.

Werbung:
In what ways does it irritate you? The commercials? I don't really get it. I don't see much difference between watching a show on TV or online that would make me irritable. What about the TV bothers you?

Back