• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Do Your Glasses Give You Headaches?

Snowbaby

During the lead up to our wedding July '06, I decded I wanted to "learn" how to wear contact lenses so I didn't have to wear my glasses on my big day.

I need glasses for distance, my close up vision is perfect. So in April 2006, I had an eye test and had to get the prescription in my glasses changed - done... easy peasy. Then I started wearing contact lenses and hence hardly wore my glasses thereafter, and until this day.

Over the last few weeks, I've been wearing glasses a little more. But I couldn't see very great with them and they gave me headaches.

On Thursday I went into my opticians and asked to book in for a check, cos glasses causing headaches isn't right. The receptionist said I need the prescription in my glasses checked and to go back on Friday... so on Fri I went back and explained to another receptionist why I was there. She was very puzzled when I requested the prescription to be checked... like "WHY would I need to check a prescription in lenses WE put in?", i.e. of course they are correct, how dare you question it!!!

She took them up to the lab and came back and proceeded to tell me they (the opticians) had never changed the lenses in these frames... I explained it is the only frames I have so yes... you did. She basically called me a liar, and that they must have put lenses in another frame... difficult when I only have those, huh?

She asked where I purchased the frames, I explained it was back in 2001-ish in the store where mum & dad live... she went away to phone them. She came back and basically again said the lenses were never updated by this store, but she was waiting for my mum's store to phone back after they got my records out.

They called back and gave her my 2001 prescription...

She came back like a dog with it's tail between it's legs, all apologetic... when I had the sight test in 2006, they phoned my mum's store for the prescription to compare it with how my eyes were last year... whoever phoned up in 2006, noted the old prescription on my card... send my card and my frames up to the lab to get my new prescription put in. The lab put in the 2001 prescription in error.

HA... stick that in your pipe and insinuate I lied again huh?!

She was all... "It's no wonder you couldn't see with them and you got headaches"... Ummm yer, no *sweary word*!!!! So i got my glasses fixed (for free of course!) YEY!!

Werbung:
Heck yes my glasses give me headaches that's why I never put'em on lol, though sometimes the far away lands seem to become something magical without'em.. and signs seem to show in different languages.. hmm..

lol I never get headaches with mine
<

Only thing is that they ar quite old now and pretty heavy so they put a fair old weight on the bridge of my nose
<

But ...... I joined a health scheme through work and I can claim up to £210 per year for optician costs so I'm thinking a nice new lightweight pair are on the cards soon
<

They did me, and that is why I stopped wearing them. I am blind in one eye and my optometrist said that was the only way I could drive... Thing is, glasses don't cure blind...

my glasses only give me headaches if i didn't wear them for a few hours. but if i even try to wear my old perscriptions, i get like, major headaches. but i have to wear them sometimes when i loose my new ones so i can find them.
<

I get headaches but i don't think they're caused by my glasses since migraines are a thing that run in my family. My mum has them and so do her parents therefore they've probably passed onto me through her genes. Otherwise i've been wearing glasses since i was about 7 (not very nice) and i doubt i ever got headaches because of them. Oh except the first few months when i started wearing them. but that's probably because your eyes aren't used to having lens stuck infron tof them or something...

I only wear my eye glasses when using the computer for protection. And also because I find it hard to look at the mirror longer without my glasses on. My eyeglasses is already years old but still fits my vision and never got headaches because of it. :)

The only time I ever got headaches from my glasses was when they were dirty and eventually were no longer the correct strength for me....That being said, my eye sight is shocking now and I'm going to get my eyes tested on Thursday....Probably should have had my eyes re-checked back then instead of just stopping wearing my glasses because I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to wear them full time this time around.

I have actually just been for an eye test two months ago and they said I needed glasses for distance. My partner also got glasses at the same time, though his are for reading. We got the glasses and his are fine and he has had no trouble with them and can now see all that he wants to read. I am putting off wearing mine though for a few reasons:

1. Headaches.
I do not know if it is just that I am not used to wearing glasses or something else but I had them on one night for about 15-20 minutes and I was sure I was getting a headache. I took them off and had to blink quite a bit to get my normal vision back and since this it has put me off wearing them for fear they are doing something bad to my eyes and head.

2. Sight.
This may sound funny, it did when I told my partner who said I was being silly. At the moment certain things in the distance can look a little blurry to me, a bus for example I cannot see the number on it until it is closer to me. But other than that my vision is fine. So that night I had my glasses on everything did become clearer, but when I took them off everything looked worse than before I even bothered with glasses. I am worried that by wearing the glasses I am going to train my eyes to always need to wear them. It might just be me being silly but I have never had glasses before. I do not want to wear them for them to make my vision worse without them, if that makes sense.

So here I am with a pair of glasses that cost £160 and I am too nervous to wear them. Plus I hate feeling them on my face, I know that you would get used to that though.

My sisters partner has to wear glasses for distance, but he now has to wear them all the time. When he wakes up each morning he has to reach for the glasses before he can see pretty much anything.

When I was at the opticians I could read pretty much everything that was on her board, even some of the bottom tiny lines. But still she said I needed glasses. Do they ever make mistakes? Should I keep wearing them or not? Will wearing them make my eyes need them all the time and my vision without them worse?

I'm blessed that my glasses don't give me headaches. It does not have the exact eye grade that I need but I can get by and I got used to it. I'm planning on having laser surgery, though. Still saving up for it!

The only time I would get a headache from my glasses is after I get a new pair. It takes me a while to get used to it but after that I have no problems. It's when I don't have the glasses on that I get the headache.

Getting glasses at one point is actually what -prevented- me from getting headaches.

For people who do get headaches from them, you need to pay attention to a couple things. If it's a new prescription, it's natural...your eyes are trying to adjust and even though it'll make their job easier, it's still rough on them for a while, trying to focus to the new environment.

And secondly, make sure the arms of the glasses (the part that fits against your head and goes over your ears) aren't too tight. I get headaches from wearing sunglasses constantly because they end up fitting too tight and create pressure headaches. If you loosen them some where they rest gently over your years instead of being pressed tightly against your head, it can help greatly.

Werbung:
That sounds like a nightmare! I'm glad they gave you the update for free, but should have went out of their way to offer you even more since this gave you headaches for so long. I hate going to get my eyes checked. I have astigmatism and my contacts are just so expensive. My glasses are expensive too because I have to get thinner lenses and it's so much!

Back