• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Do you use Home Remedies for Flu or get the Flu shot?

Zynni

I hate shots. I'll take them if I just have to, like I recently did, because I've been very ill. On the other hand, I try to avoid shots when possible. I don't get flu shots, do you?

What are some natural defenses against or home remedies for the flu that you can recommend?

Werbung:
The best defense it build up your immune system. I don't have the flu shot and I never intend to. I hate having any shots, and only have them because of a country I am visiting.

The shot isn't reliable and it still means you need to have a strong immune system with vitamin c each day (1000mg) to keep the body healthy. That's what I do and change towels daily, so no germs can breed.

Good advice, @Gabriellea. I do try to protect my immune system as well, but I could definitely use some more vitamin C. I try to avoid anything that allows germs to breed (like the towels, as you mentioned). I don't share cups or other dishes with other people either. It's also important to get plenty of fluids and keep properly hydrated.

The old fashioned hot water and lemon still works and is better than taking meds with potential side effects. I think flushing out the toxins is the best way, hot baths and broth too to have nutrients that are easily absorbed into the body.

A hot bath really does work as it allows the toxins to evaporate and also keeps the body clean of any other germs.

Hot baths and hot broth also add another benefit. The steam can help release the sinuses, thus relieving some of the pressure that causes discomfort. I much prefer natural remedies to medicines and other formal treatments. I use them when necessary, but if there is a natural remedy available, I'd rather try that first.

Werbung:
We don't do the flu shot in our home. Instead we focus on building a healthy immune system with a clean organic diet and probiotics. With the on sit of a cold or flu we use apple cider vinegar, raw honey and lemon to knock it out.

Back