• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Do you like your name?

Werbung:
When I was younger I didn't like my name. Not sure why, it is not real common but yet not rare either. My name is Dawn. I only had 1 Dawn in my school growing up and I have met a couple of Dawn's throughout my life, but not many. The only thing is, I don't really like early in the morning (tho I do get up early) so I am not sure how well it fits me :)
When I was younger the main joke was "crack of Dawn" but I didn't hear it often.

Am called after my grandmother, even through the name is very popular, I don't mind it because I loved her so much. Any way, I hardly use it unless officially because people like calling me by my nickname.

Most of you seem to dislike your names! You should do something about that and if you cant, just learn to like it and be positive.

I don't like my name because nobody ever pronounces it right. I don't know what I would change it to. I don't want a common name, but then I don't want something that nobody recognizes either. I think I like the name Alexandria though. I wouldn't mind it.

I have this problem! Some people who have just come across my name could get it right, some would pronounce it in a weird manner and I will have to correct them.

I couldn't stand the name I grew up with. My first name is Martha. You can't really get any older than that. And then my last name was so complicated. I couldn't wait to get rid of it. I went from M to A in a flash. Even now I'm divorced, I still keep my married name. I earned it! lol!

My mother's name is Martha! Martha Fay to be exact :)

I hate my name - Magdalena. It's extremely common. Everywhere I go, I always meet Magdalenas. In primary school there were four Magdalenas in our class. It's so annoying. I wish I had a very unique name. Klaudyna would be perfect and it sounds lovely:D

I hate my name - Magdalena. It's extremely common. Everywhere I go, I always meet Magdalenas. In primary school there were four Magdalenas in our class. It's so annoying. I wish I had a very unique name. Klaudyna would be perfect and it sounds lovely:D

Is it safe to assume that that is the reason why you go by Claudine on forums? Do you go by a different name or nickname offline, too?

I know what you mean about it being so common, too. In grade school, I was always Jessica *...where the asterisk is my last name's initial. There were always so many Jessicas that we had to use our last names or initials constantly to keep our work separated.

Is it safe to assume that that is the reason why you go by Claudine on forums? Do you go by a different name or nickname offline, too?

I know what you mean about it being so common, too. In grade school, I was always Jessica *...where the asterisk is my last name's initial. There were always so many Jessicas that we had to use our last names or initials constantly to keep our work separated.

I go by Claudine only online. It's my dream name (as well as its Polish version: Klaudyna) but I doubt if I would be able to convince anyone to use it instead of my real name. My friend decided to shorten her name from Monika to Nika and it took so much time before her famliy accepted it and I know her since we were children so even though I have nothing against calling her Nika, sometimes when I don't think I still call her Monika because I'm so used to it.
It's just too much trouble with changing names... So in real life I'm Magdalena.
In school we used descriptive names: Magdalena with long hair for example:p ...and we used different diminutives because this name have so many of them.

Werbung:
Yeah, if you're going to go by a nickname, it's usually only going to stick if you start as a kid. Or if you start at a new workplace, you can introduce yourself as a new nickname, but only those people will end up calling you by that name. It's hard to get people you've always known to switch to calling you something else.

Back