• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Do you like going to coffee shops?

digitalbrew

One of the most known hang outs for yuppies in my city is the coffee shop. They would order a cup of brewed coffee or a glass of cold frappe and enjoy conversing in the coffee shop.

I would admit that I enjoy going to coffee shops too. I love the ambiance and, of course, the coffee. But this is also something I am able to do in my home. So I don't go there so often while others do.

I just find it weird that some people love spending so much on a cup of coffee when they can brew their own in the comforts of their own home. Is it just me or are coffee shops being made a status symbol?

Werbung:
I like hanging out in Starbucks, but I hate coffee. I love tea especially the chai tea. The employees know me since I have been going for a few years. It's a nice break from working in my apartment since I have a homebased business.

I like hanging out in Starbucks, but I hate coffee. I love tea especially the chai tea. The employees know me since I have been going for a few years. It's a nice break from working in my apartment since I have a homebased business.

Oh my word, you just typed out what I was going to write! (-:

I do not, however, spend as much time in coffee shops as I used to. When I used to spend more time in coffee shops...it was more because of the 'experience' there. It is a space away from home, sometimes a place without others nagging and wanting things from you - and it is still cheaper than therapy and for me: much more effective.

I only go about once a week or so now though.

I am not much of a coffee or tea person so when I do go to a coffee shop it is normally to have lunch with my mum or a friend and then we will invariably have a glass of wine with our lunch. But just to go to a coffee shop for a coffee or something similar, no, it is something I don't really do.

I don't. I can see why some people would enjoy hanging out there, though. And yes, they can brew it cheaper at home.....but they can also cook dinner at home instead of going out, brew their own beer instead of going to a bar, rent a movie instead of going to the theater, etc. Just because it's cheaper one way doesn't mean they aren't getting something -else- out of it, and in this case, it's the social side of hanging out with their friends. :)

Its a yuppy, trendy status symbol. I do go occasionally but its because I want a froufrou coffee and nothing else. I only go maybe once every 2 or 3 months unless Im traveling then I might go more unless theres somewhere else to get my coffee.

I used to go frequently, but now I only go if the internet is down at my house and I need to get online, or if I'm meeting a friend or family member for lunch. Otherwise, yep, I'm perfectly happy to make my own coffee at home and use my own internet.

Back when I was a little better off financially, I'd be there for breakfast almost every time I had a day off. The place by me has the most amazing breakfast sandwiches, so that was what really drew me in.

I used to go frequently, but now I only go if the internet is down at my house and I need to get online, or if I'm meeting a friend or family member for lunch. Otherwise, yep, I'm perfectly happy to make my own coffee at home and use my own internet.

Back when I was a little better off financially, I'd be there for breakfast almost every time I had a day off. The place by me has the most amazing breakfast sandwiches, so that was what really drew me in.

Oh, this definitely reminds me of my teenage years. I go there for the Wi-Fi and if I need to meet other people. Unfortunately, I also had one more reason to visit this particular coffee shop. They had the cutest baristas ever. I would save up my allowance so I can afford buying coffee there, taking a sip at my favorite frappe while glancing at one of my crushes... The things I do when I was a teen.:oops:

Eventually, I discovered that the reason why all of them were so good looking was because all of them were personally handpicked by the owner and were required to work out in the gym. And it's no surprise that some of them were pretty vain.

Now that I'm past that, I'm glad that my love for coffee wasn't just because I met these guys but because I truly loved it. I brew myself two cups a day in the comfort of my own home.

I'm not a fan of coffee but I love frappes and iced drinks and find that coffee shops are the best place to get them. :) I also like the atmosphere in a coffee shop and they are a great place to catch up with friends, especially if you don't have time for a sit down meal.

I enjoy hanging out in a coffee shop, but only from time to time since it's just too expensive. I love the coffee scent and it's nice to drink something delicious while talking to friends. I could do this at home as well, but my house is too far away to come back there when I have only a short break between classes.

I haven't been to one in a long time, but I do enjoy them. There's a great shop downtown in the city I live. It's very crunchy, hip and organic. They even use solar panels on the roof of the shop and filter their water for the coffee with a solar-power filter. The best part is the shop is right in the center of the city and a great place to sit and people watch.

No, I really drink coffee but I do enjoy it. I just don't really incorporate that into my day to day beverages. Although I do not hang out at a coffee shop, I have been interested in doing so. I think that I could have a good conversation with friends and family at a nice quiet coffee shop. I always see people in the movies meet up with their friends at coffee shops but I've been inclined to do so. So, in the near future I think that would be my hang out spot.

One of the most known hang outs for yuppies in my city is the coffee shop. They would order a cup of brewed coffee or a glass of cold frappe and enjoy conversing in the coffee shop.

I would admit that I enjoy going to coffee shops too. I love the ambiance and, of course, the coffee. But this is also something I am able to do in my home. So I don't go there so often while others do.

I just find it weird that some people love spending so much on a cup of coffee when they can brew their own in the comforts of their own home. Is it just me or are coffee shops being made a status symbol?

I don't drink coffee, but I hang to there and work. They have wi-fi and a cool lounge area. A lot of students angout there and study. I patronize them buying snacks or tea instead of coffee. Another cool thing is that they are opened from 6:30am til 11pm! I was just there last night. I find peace and have gotten a lot done.

Werbung:
I love coffee shops, but most of the coffee shops where I come from are nothing about coffee, lol ;) But yeah, real coffee shops are amazing, I love ordering a nice frappe and spend a nice evening talking with friends about everything and nothing. It's all about the friends tho, there are friends I really enjoy drinking coffee with, not afraid of awkward silence or anything like that. Just a nice cup of coffee with no pressure.

Back