• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Do you have pets?

I don't have my own pets right now (I'm sort of not good with those in a way that I tend to forget that they exist) but my parents have three dogs. They have two basset hounds and a western terrier.

Werbung:
We have two chihuahuas right now, Toby and Daisy. We got them from some friends a few years back since they had too many. They've been an important part of the family these last few years. It feels good to have them jump around and greet me every time I come home from work.

Right now, we do have a dog and a cat. Both of them are adopted. Our dog used to be a stray puppy and we decided to have him when we are sure no one will want him. And our cat was left behind by his original owner and he decided to be fed by us. Lol

We have a very similar situation here. All our dogs and cats just pitched up here...and we simply adopted them as they had already decided that we would be their new family. Lol. It is so funny. The brood is growing though - we have 7 animals on the property already. (-: They eat more food than we do too!

Yes, I have a pet. Right now I just have one dog. She is a golden doodle. She will be 3 this summer, but still acts like a puppy. She has a lot of energy and gets really excited to see people when she first meets them. I picked Zoey up when she was 6-8 weeks old. She was the only one in her liter so she is very special to me.

I have always had pets growing up; both cats and dogs. I enjoy having dogs as pets much more as I feel that I am able to do more with them.

We have a cat - Topaz - and a dog - Jasper. Topaz is actually the daughter of a stray that we took in shortly after we moved here, we didn't know she was pregnant when we took her in! Topaz will be 2 later this summer so she's still pretty young. We had to call the pound on her momma though. She got out one day & when she came back she was acting funny, drooling, & was covered in something. The bad thing is this was just days before we could get her her shots & hubby was worried it was rabies. The safest thing for the kiddos was to call the pound to come get her, ya know? Ever since then, Topaz has always been kinda stuck on me. She wasn't quite weaned yet (we were going to get momma & babies all shots on the same day) so loosing her mum like that traumatized her, according to the vet.

We got Jasper one day as we were leaving the store. Hubby saw someone in a parking lot giving away puppies & said, 'Lets get one for the girls.' He later admitted that he thought it would motivate me to find a house quicker. Yeah that hasn't happened yet & he's already 1 yr! He's a mixed breed, Chihuahua/Black Lab/Blue Heeler... Daddy was Chihuahua, Momma Black Lab/Heeler. He looks like a black Welsh Corgi according to people who've stopped us as we walk him.

Yup, we have lots of pets here! We have three dogs (Lila, Buster and Baxter), one cat (Sebastian), one hermit crab (Sweetberry), and one iguana, (flaps). We definitely consider the dogs and cat like family members. Two of my dogs are chihuahuas, and seriously, they are my babies!

Yes! I'm actually surprised there isn't an official "Pets" section on this forum!

Anyway, I have a bird (see my avatar) and a cat. I had two cats until last fall, when I lost my Jasper to complications from his diabetes. The remaining Monster cat is actually more my husband's cat, but I'm the one who does all the daily cat care chores.

The birdie is 100% my baby. His name is Buzzy, and he's a rescued cockatiel. He'd been kept in overcrowded conditions before his rescue, and the other birds kept pulling his feathers out, leaving him with a bald neck and partially bald head (a few of his head feathers have come back, but he's been with me over a year and his neck is still bald). I do my best to spoil him rotten.

The noise, the smell, the cleaning and maintaining, it was just too much for me. I like pets, but its better for me when they are someone elses.
Haha... that's exactly how I feel about kids! ;)

We have two dogs they are German Shepherds. I am the one who takes care of them so I feel they are my dogs. My kids don't really help with the dogs they can't even remember to give them water. Now they are asking for a turtle and fish. The fish I don't mind but do you think they will feed it will become my responsibility. I love animals don't get me wrong but when no one want's to help it's just irritating.

I have two dogs and two rabbits. My dogs are 4-year-old labrador/spaniel crosses (although they're more lab than spaniel - they're just quite small) and they're sisters from the same litter. We have a black one called Evie, and a brown one called Rosie. They're lovely girls, I love playing with them. :) The rabbits are also four, and brothers. Twix is black with a white tummy (it's so cute when he stretches up against the wall of his hutch and you can see it!) and Pablo is a kid of brown/grey colour.

I love all animals that are 'nice' and furry, and I have recently realized that I am a cat person. I love dogs, but I love cats more. I have 2 cats although they live with my parents. They are my babies. I love them. Unfortunately, they hate each other. =/

I have a Yorkie. I've always loved Yorkshire Terriers, it's my favorite breed! They're so tiny and adorable:)
Anyway, my dog's name is Homer, he is 7 years old and I love him with all my heart! He is my little treasure. Everybody here adores him, my mother always jokes that he is my little brother, lol:p. We treat him like family. He has his own, big bed, blankets and toys.
Here is a picture of him, isn't he cute?:love::

ah.jpg

We have a chowchow and yes she is definitely part of the family. I don't even think she knows she is of a different species. She sits in the living room with us when we watch TV, eats in the dining room with us and follows my hubby around the house just like our 2 year old daughter. We actually call them our girls. My hubby and I even take her and our daughter for a walk every morning. I firmly believe that if you commit to owning a pet you have to go the whole nine yards. You have to take into consideration not just their physical needs like food, a place to rest, exercise etc but you also need to address their social needs as well. You have to find time to play with them, expose them to other dogs and basically involve them in your daily life.

I had a pet when I was a teenager but only after battling long time to get one because my mom didn't like animals at all.

In some way she was right, I never cared for my little dog as it was supposed I should do, leaving to her all the job.

At a later time I tried to get a pet and brought home a little kitty, but they seemed to be indifferent to me no matter how much I cared of him this time, so I ended up giving the cat to a friend.

Actually I feel tempted to get a pet because I live alone and sometimes think that a pet could be a good companion, but pets are not allowed at the place I'm living now.

I have always had a soft spot for animals, so I have managed to acquire a few pets from people giving them away on Facebook. We have 2 guinea pigs that a lady didn't want and was giving away for free. I have a beta fish, and 2 gold fish from the carnival that have managed to survive for more than a year. Lilly is our cat, and she is just like one of the kids. She is just as bad and just as adorable. I am technically not permitted to have pets in my home, so we have avoided getting a dog. Though I am sure we would, probably have a dog if we lived some place where we had permission.

Werbung:
I had a pet when I was a teenager but only after battling long time to get one because my mom didn't like animals at all.

In some way she was right, I never cared for my little dog as it was supposed I should do, leaving to her all the job.

At a later time I tried to get a pet and brought home a little kitty, but they seemed to be indifferent to me no matter how much I cared of him this time, so I ended up giving the cat to a friend.

Actually I feel tempted to get a pet because I live alone and sometimes think that a pet could be a good companion, but pets are not allowed at the place I'm living now.
My parents didn't want me to keep pets when I was a child either. I remember that it was making me very unhappy. I dreamed of owning a dog! Personally, I believe that every child should have a pet, it teaches responsibility.
I'm sorry to hear that you pets aren't allowed at the place where you live:( A cat or a dog makes a perfect companion!:)

Back