• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Do you have a "feel-good" motto?

digitalbrew

Whenever I wake up and feel down I always say to myself "Do not despair. Tomorrow will be another day." And it probably doesn't make sense to anyone else but eventually it does make me feel good.

Do you have a quote or motto that you're able to repeat to yourself when you feel down? Care to share it with us?

Werbung:
Whenever I feel sad and disappointed I say to myself "Keep going. No matter how many times I screw up, no matter how many people say I cannot do it, I will not quit!" :)

When feeling down or unwell which was thankfully only a brief period of time, I used to say to myself..."everyday in every way, i am getting better and better." The only one I say is "believe in yourself, you have everything you need, you are being looked after. Trust yourself." Somehow it always lifts me. I also just repeat the word "thank you" over and over and over again.

No, I don't have a feel-good motto. Thanks to this thread, I will be adopting one. I have heard of "everyday in every way, I am getting better and better" one before. I think I will find something more personal to me.

Whenever I fee sad or depressed, I would say to myself that "God has better plans for me" and that "There will be a better day". And I will also think that "life goes on, no matter what". ;)

Whenever I feel bad, like I have been, but I've shaken myself out of it I just tell myself, 'You been through worse, you can be strong and move on. One little thing won't kill you, unless you let it, so move forward and don't let yourself be the victim.' Or 'If you need help, talk to someone, because sitting here rambling to yourself and driving yourself crazy won't do anyone good." lol

If I feel depressed or apathetic I just remind myself that no one can change my situation but me and I must be proactive to do so. Then I just logically figure out what I need to be not depressed and do that. It really helps me to get my mind thinking like that.

Oh I have one, too. "Cherish every day because it could be my last or any one's last day". That reminds me to be cheerful every day, to love every hug and kiss I get from my four kids (aged 18-25, all single). I don't want any day wasted on grumps and anger, bitterness and impatience. That thought always make me cool mom! No wrinkles at age 50! ^__^

I just tell myself "push it through Sarah, push it through" And after I get through the rough time or whatever it was, I pat myself on the back by saying "way to push it through!" The only way to get through anything, even a miserable day is to keep on pushing yourself through the hard times.

Plus I work in the restaurant industry, and this became a job in one of the kitchens I worked in. It would be our inspiration to keep driving through busy, stressful times. So it brings back fun memories, while motivating me.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I —
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

-Robert Frost

I live by this. So even just walking down a street, if I am feeling "off," I will step off the sidewalk or take a side road, because you never know... maybe that's what will make all the difference in the world.

Carpe Diem or Seize the Day... it's not really a quote, but it is a phrase.
Seize the Day by Avenged Sevenfold is 1) a fave song of mine and 2) ended up my song with my boyfriend.
I loved this phrase before I got together with him almost two years ago though.
It means live life to the fullest, pretty much.

Werbung:
Yes, its in my siggy! Gwen Stafani said it best. I dont get down on myself about not having some kind of super power.

Back