• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Do you buy new clothes for Christmas?

Cecille

This has been like a tradition to us Filipinos -- to get new set of outfits just for Christmas time. And it's not just for the kids, I think almost all adults buy themselves new clothes too.

So far, I have bought a white blouse, a not-so-short shorts, and planning to buy flats for my foot wear.

How about in your place? :)

Werbung:
In my place, economic crisis knocks the door...knock knock :p
However, I did my Christmas shopping (because I didn't buy anything at all last year)
  • A tank top
  • A high waisted shorts in dark grey
  • Black, leather boots
  • A beige, leather jacket
From now on, I have to save money in order to buy books for next year. University Entrance Exam :D

I always got a new set of PJs every year on Christmas Eve & we have continued that with the girls. I did get a new T-shirt this year but normally I don't get any clothing for myself. I just buy what I need, when I need it & can afford it.

Yes, I had bought new two T-shirts for myself last Christmas. :p
I usually do not buy new clothes in anytime of the year not unless I think it would be necessary so I see to it to buy some clothes for me for Christmas as my gift for myself.

I don't buy clothes for X-mas but I do take advantage of all the clearance that goes on afterwards so I do end up buying a lot of clothes for me and my kids. I used to wear a lot of sweaters when I was a teenager because I was self-conscious but I stopped after this guy made fun of me. Well really not me since he did not know the sweater was mine, I had forgotten it in class the day before and the next day he found it, put it on and acted like a girl. It was a white X-mas sweater and looked kind of snotty.

I often buy the kids clothes for Christmas presents, but it's not a tradition or anything. It just so happens that they love clothes and it's a time of the year when I can specifically buy them things they like instead of always just getting the necessities as they need them.

Actually, I think I buy my clothes as the seasons change. Or, if I gain or lose weight and of course if there is some special occasion. I also always buy all new clothes when going on vacation. I think I have been like this pretty much my whole life.

I don't usually buy myself clothes around Christmas, I do buy the kids clothes tho. It has become a tradition for us to get the kids at least 2 new sets of night clothes for winter. Family members always get them at least one outfit and they also get gloves and hats for Christmas too. The girls love it, they get toys too.

This has been like a tradition to us Filipinos -- to get new set of outfits just for Christmas time. And it's not just for the kids, I think almost all adults buy themselves new clothes too.

So far, I have bought a white blouse, a not-so-short shorts, and planning to buy flats for my foot wear.

How about in your place? :)
When I was growing up the tradition was new clothes for Easter and Christmas.I actually got presents for those holidays and they were clothes. Somehow I did not carry on that tradition into my life now. I am a rare breed in that I very quietly say I HATE SHOPPING. I don't hate many things,but I do hate that. I avoid it until my clothes actually fall apart before I buy new things. Fortunately I have not changed sizes in over 10 years. Styles come and go, but my clothes remain on my back.

When I was growing up the tradition was new clothes for Easter and Christmas.I actually got presents for those holidays and they were clothes. Somehow I did not carry on that tradition into my life now. I am a rare breed in that I very quietly say I HATE SHOPPING. I don't hate many things,but I do hate that. I avoid it until my clothes actually fall apart before I buy new things. Fortunately I have not changed sizes in over 10 years. Styles come and go, but my clothes remain on my back.

Wow you must have a lot of savings for not buying clothes too often! I myself do not buy clothes yearly - I just buy them if I have extra money. I love buying clothes for my little ones and they are my priorities. Besides, I don't go out often so I can't see the need to buy new clothes every now and then.

I couldn't agree any more

Wow you must have a lot of savings for not buying clothes too often! I myself do not buy clothes yearly - I just buy them if I have extra money. I love buying clothes for my little ones and they are my priorities. Besides, I don't go out often so I can't see the need to buy new clothes every now and then.
Yes, I do save a lot of money by not buying clothes. I buy more underwear than outerwear. I think I must save hundreds of dollars a year since I don't think I have bought any clothes for over 5 years now. People at church give me clothes all the time. Maybe they think I need something different. I am thrilled at what they give me because I don't have to go shopping to get those pieces of clothing.

I often buy the kids clothes for Christmas presents, but it's not a tradition or anything. It just so happens that they love clothes and it's a time of the year when I can specifically buy them things they like instead of always just getting the necessities as they need them.
That is a neat way to have the children acquire clothes and enjoy the gifts too.

Werbung:
I grew up Catholic, and it was a tradition within our communities churches (it was more a community than church thing) that everyone checks out what the other was wearing most Sundays...and especially so on Christmas day. It was a lot of pressure and since I generally do not care what people people wear, I felt like an alien there. Anyway, at 14 I cancelled my Catholicism subscription, however...I do remember getting new outfits for Christmas as a kid. (-: Thank You God.

Back