• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Did you go through postpartum depression?

clauemi

I was super emotional after I had my first child. I would cry over every single little thing and then would laugh about it later. What made it worse was that my baby had to stay in hospital a couple more days than I had, nothing serious but still got to me. I worried I would not be able to feed her enough times and she would loose weight. Thankfully there was a great nurse that helped me out a lot throughout all of my crying LOL.

Werbung:
I think I have gone through that too. I was frustrated after giving birth to my first child because I can't breastfeed well. In addition to my frustrations was my in-laws, which kept on telling me that I don't have enough milk and I'm capable of doing that. Fortunately as time goes by, I overcame my depression and things gone back to normal.

I did not have postpartum depression, but I can understand how many women can become overwhelmed. Support from the family helps a lot.

I had severe enough postpartum depression that I eventually ended up going to see a doctor and was prescribed medication which I took for the next 4 years or so. My son is now 6 and I haven't had to take it for the past 2 years however. It was horrible, I had no idea what was wrong with me all I knew was that I was constantly crying over nothing, feeling angry at the world, and I had no interest in anything. I was a stay at home mom for the first year and I felt extremely overwhelmed and didn't receive much help from my son's father. He felt that since he worked all day and I stayed home with our son, that his sleep was more important than mine so he wouldn't get up in the middle of the night to feed our son or comfort him, which meant I was up all night every night so the lack of sleep only added to the depression. Thankfully I finally realized I needed to seek help and I've been great ever since.

I don't think that I went through postpartum depression per se, but I did go through a few months where my hormones were up and down after. It was like a couple times a month for 2-3 months that I would cry out of nowhere for no reason at all. But I got through it because eventually, my hormones started to balance out and I got better at managing my time between chores and taking care of the baby.

I am long finished having children, but I did suffer from postpartum depression. At the time that I was suffering from it, I didn't know what it was. I just thought I was going crazy. My poor husband didn't know what to do with me. It would have been nice to know that there was help, but I had no idea.

I had pretty bad depression after my first baby was born. I do not know if it was actually PPD or something a little less severe, but whatever it was, it was bad. I did some research and found out taking fish oil can help. I started taking that again and the next day I felt totally normal! I know that's not the only thing that made it go away. I'm sure a lot of it was from all the praying going on, but I think the fish oil helped too, so you could try that. Here's the website I was doing research on. There are other things you can try as well that might help.

Werbung:
I am scared I may get postpartum depression because growing up I was diagnosed with major depression. I no longer feel I have this disorder. Is it more likely you will go through postpartum depression if you have had a history of depression? What are some things I can do to prevent this from happening or to treat it if I do end up going through it?

Back