• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Deciding on a university

Quirky Jessi

It seemed like so many people in my graduating high school class knew exactly where they wanted to go. They either had some long story (like the last 5 generations of their family went there) or they were going local because of money, etc. I didn't have anything like that and ended up going out of state to a school I'd only seen once. It was amazing, but there had never been a 'dream school' for me otherwise.

How did you decide?

Werbung:
It was the course that decided it for me. Very few places offered study in my particular area of interest, so it was easy for me to decide.

I applied to 4 schools in my Province that were all within a 1-2 hour drive. I ended up going to the one that was furthest away from my hometown -- I was really eager to leave my hometown, but I didn't apply anywhere too far away.

I really had no idea where to go because neither of my parents went to university. One of my friends said she wanted to go to the school I ultimately ended up going to, but it was a very random choice!

I think every school has good and bad aspects -- but no matter where you go, you will be okay :)!

Im going back to college in August and what whent into where I went was did they have the course i wanted, where they a good school, what werte the preschools like around there since I have a kid, and i have family that lives around there that could watch my kid if I need them to. I'm trying to shycrinize all my school stuff with my kids, but I'm not sure if it will work yet. So its always good to have a sitter on hand just in case.

The school was the first thing I considered when I applied for universities in college. I've always dreamed of going to the best university in our country. Luckily, I got accepted!

What's unfortunate was, I did not know yet what course I wanted to pursue back then. I opted for the only course that that university can offer me based on my GPA and admission test score. It was a wrong move. I ended up losing interest because I didn't like the course that I took up. I didn't even finish it. What's worse is that, I lost the slot on the university because of my poor academic performance. I shouldn't have decided in haste. :(

Werbung:
I live in a very big city, near one of the best universities in my country - so it was an easy choice.
But, to be honest, I always envy people who decide to study far away - in different cities or even in different countries. This way, they have to move out from their family homes. I still live with my parents which is really annoying:confused:

Back