• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Constructive Disagreements (and Arguing!)

Not everyone can see things your way, and it's not wrong or right. I was discussing with someone about ads on blogs, and I said not all people want them or need them. Some people may want the reader to feel comfortable that the site is ad free. The other person said he couldn't understand that attitude, and I said he didn't need to try and understand it; accept people have different attitudes and reasons that won't always be the same as yours.

Werbung:
No relationship is worth having to the point of devoting one`s life to somebody which is not first on both sides totally genuine/unconditional/mutually selfless. I`m sixty, the girl I live with 18, and this rule even applies here. She is my current lodger - It was her choice, and her parents, to live with me! Everything of our relationship has been to date word perfect. We do n`t have much in common, but that is neither here nor there. At the very essence of our beings, the only place which finally counts, we have absolutely everything in common. Forget age prejudice and discrimination, match people, and forget romantic love/the nearest thing to hate, and strive only for the love of genuinely unconditional friendship. The secret here is in mutuality. To strive for is perfect empathy, and genuine love is a product of such striving. Forget much of the rubbish that the experts/copiers dish out, for not to do so shall leave things exactly the same.

Rubbish because it focuses in operating inside of the box of the relationhsip. This over focus tends to causing more of the very tensions which were making for imperfection in the first instance. One must first be attempting an adjustment from the outside in. It is fundamental to a change of person, of actual nature. Tinkering is a complete and utter waste of time! This is why, from the top level, it is claimed that relationships cannot be repaired.

You can find me at Kates David, and Celebritydiscodave, that`s me...

Last edited:
No relationship is worth having to the point of devoting one`s life to somebody which is not first totally genuine/unconditional/mutually selfless. I`m sixty, the girl I live with 18, and this rule even applies here. She is my current lodger - It was her choice, and her parents, to live with me! Everything of our relationship has been to date word perfect. We do n`t have much in common, but that is neither here nor there. At the very essence of our beings, the only place which finally counts, we have absolutely everything in common. Forget age prejudice and discrimination, match people, and forget romantic love/the nearest thing to hate, and strive only for the love of genuinely unconditional friendship. The secret here is in mutuality. To strive for is perfect empathy, and genuine love is a product of such striving. Forget much of the rubbish that the experts/copiers dish out, for not to do so shall leave things exactly the same.
Not everyone can see things your way, and it's not wrong or right. I was discussing with someone about ads on blogs, and I said not all people want them or need them. Some people may want the reader to feel comfortable that the site is ad free. The other person said he couldn't understand that attitude, and I said he didn't need to try and understand it; accept people have different attitudes and reasons that won't always be the same as yours.
Yes, ultimately to be least trusted is one`s own perception.

Some people seem to have a difficult time with that concept. People won't always see things the same way we do. The sooner we learn to accept that the better.

Some people will also not let it go. They will try like crazy to change your mind.

Recently I have found more people (younger generation) who assume that they are younger that they know more than older people, and as such they don't wish to listen.

I'm not the most patient person, but I wonder whether it's personality or a millenial generational attitude?

Recently I have found more people (younger generation) who assume that they are younger that they know more than older people, and as such they don't wish to listen.

I'm not the most patient person, but I wonder whether it's personality or a millenial generational attitude?

Ha, I'm probably not the best person to respond to this. I have kids who are Millenials, and I have to say some of their attitudes are trying. I suppose in some cases it is personality, but this generation has some definite quirks. I have a feeling I'll be butting heads over certain things for a long time if I don't just agree to disagree with some things.

Werbung:
I had a recent run in with another millenial who had to prove that they were right. I simply said that in life not everything can be fixed and you just let things lie. There is this 'therapist' view that everything must be solved, and it's not true. It seems ideal, but we know in real life differences will always exist and you learn to accept that.

Back