• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Confidence boost with hair growth? (don't judge me please)

Rena S. Aumiller

Hey everyone, relatively new to the forum here but I wanted to ask someone about this using the anonymity that the forum offers, primarily because I am afraid that I might be considered ‘shallow’ by people in my immediate community.

I have always had longer hair, but I did start to notice that the thickness that I had (that I have cursed in my younger years, oh woe is me right?) was slowly disappearing. This led me to believe that I was going to have worn-out hair and have thinner, not just as vibrant looking hair in the immediate future.

Well it did a number on my psyche, I stared feeling less confident, and I would even tie my hair down in the back to not call too much attention to it. It started to affect me to the point where I would not feel confident about my appearance before I felt my clothes would not align with my hair etc.

Nowadays I am taking new supplements that actually helped restore my hair. The hair is now longer, thicker, and stronger than it has been in months, possibly even years. Even though it was not a miracle product that transformed my hair overnight, I noticed that slowly but surely my old hair that I knew was coming back and I felt amazing.

For those of you who have tried similar products before, who have experienced a negative self-image because of thinner, shorter hair that just did not have the same amount of shine, did it go away for you once you noticed your hair coming back the way it was?

The reason I did not bring this up with family or friends is that I did not want to be perceived as ‘vain.’ So I am asking you what you think, even though I know that physical appearance should not be the major influential factor in our self-confidence, I did find that having my hair back the way I loved it is causing me to feel much better about myself.

Is there anyone with a similar situation? Perhaps you feel the exact opposite? I would love to have a conversation about this

Werbung:
Hi Rena! I actually lost a lot hair some years ago as a result of a treatment. I'm still recovering and hoping to get at least half of it back, so I know how important hair is for a woman. No, I don't think you are vain at all! Hair is actually very important, I know most doctors we go to when we experience hair loss look at us like we were crazy, for even caring the fact we are losing hair... something that isn't even considered a health issue! G-d forbid!

I actually that kind of attitude doctors have, because hair is super important for us women. Men can go bald and still appear in movies, but have you ever seen a bald actress in a movie? An openly bald one??? Nope, neither have I. If there are bald actresses out there, they sure try everything they can to hide the fact they have transparent hair. I assure you that...

Back