• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Computer addiction

Hi, I'm Breezenette, and I'm a computer addict
I need help. I need a LIFE. :(

H e l p?

On another one of my forums, the administrator is 17 years old and he makes money as a forum owner. Why couldn't you do that? If you're going to be online anyway, you might as well turn your obsession into a money maker. There's no reason age should stop you. Maybe you are just trying to find your own place online and if that's the case, your own forum would be a step in the right direction. Just pick a forum topic and post away. Then promote your forum online through other forums. With your dedication to the online world, you should have no problem getting visitors. Eventually you will be able to sell ad space and monetize in other ways. Best of luck.

Werbung:
I can't help thinking that if young people (or people of any age for that matter) spend too much time online they will look up one day and realise that real life has passed them by. Enjoy the internet by all means but don't miss out on real life.

that is the danger for many young people kernow... they don't get to learn the social skills they need to survive in the real world.. and end up isolated and spending all their time online..

Stavy you are right. You only have to look at the way people use their phones these days to realise that modern technology is impacting on social skills and on basic good manners!

Yep........children (and teens) need to get out and spend time in nature. Too much time is spent indoors anymore. And yes, I fully agree with justontime and stavy that so much time on computers will affect social skills.

Not just children and teens, I think a lot of older people need to look up from their computer screens too.

Well, you just need to balance things. Honestly, I think its because nothing interesting is happening around you. Like cool party and get together... When I think a certain occasion or event isn't going to be interesting I ditch it and play computer games. Y'know same old stuff that the occasion will offer you. Unless it is a family reunion. ^^ I go during family reunions. Just balance things up. ^^

Yep........children (and teens) need to get out and spend time in nature. Too much time is spent indoors anymore. And yes, I fully agree with justontime and stavy that so much time on computers will affect social skills.

Technology is everywhere, even in schools and kids are feeling pressured to act more like adults even when it comes to spending time online. They see mom and dad on the computer all the time at home, on Facebook, Twitter and other sites and are just role modeling that behavior. It's only natural. In olden days, a child would have role modeled Dad by going out to the fields and pulling weeds in the crop or wanted to be like mama with her quilting. Kids are just doing what they see adults doing. The grown ups need to step in and set realistic limits on time spent in front of a computer. Unless the child is running their own forum or online Ebay business, there's no real legitimate reason for them to spend more than an hour online, except for homework. Sites like Facebook should be banned from the child's visit list for their own sake especially if it's being a distraction.

Hi, I'm Breezenette, and I'm a computer addict
*Hi Bree*

I don't know how or when my computer addiction started. It was probably when I first got my taste of the internet, and my mom found me this really cool online game. Basically, I use the computer almost 16 hours a day, and have been doing so for about 3 years. I'm wasting my life. I don't like hanging out with friends outside because I always think I'm going to miss something on the computer. My homework has been slipping up lately because I've been so consumed about whats on Facebook or whos online on MSN. I'm not overweight, I have the body a regular 12 year old should have, but thats not why I'm here.

I know my computer addiction is bad and unhealthy for my eyesite. But I just don't know how to stop. It's like how people are with tobacco, or alcohol.

I need help. I need a LIFE. :(

H e l p?

Oh sweetheart, that's just sad. I can personally feel you on this and I'd like to tell you something, you would be surprised how computer addiction messed up this person's life and everything that I am about to tell you truly happened; his computer addiction began when he was about 14 years old, he started out just like that, he started getting bad with homework, never cared for school projects, he then started to miss out classes, he would leave home everyday, his mom and dad thinking that he was going to attend his classes, but no, he would spend them in an internet cafe and play this online game (it's called DOTA, you play it with a couple of other players, you can create a team and you can gamble, team vs team, losing team pays) that really got him hooked out, his teachers eventually had to call out his parents attention, but after a while of constant talk, advise and motivation he stopped school. Because he was considered a computer addict at home he was not given any money so he could be stopped playing, he ended up stealing, he would steal from his parent's house, money or anything that he can sell to sustain his constant desire to play, this went on for quite a while and he was eventually asked to leave his parents house if he cannot choose to refrain from playing, he opted to leave.. He would be gone for months and months and he would eventually be sighted looking wasted, just like how a drug addict would look like, his father's heart would break, they would ask him to come home so he can eat and sleep properly but he would eventually go back to that habit and same thing happens.. More terrible things happened to him, he got married early, his wife left him because he would use their money in playing, he even went to jail and slept there for a couple of days.

I'm not saying that the same thing will happen to you, but I wanted to let you know that it can mess up lives BIGTIME. I'm glad that you are asking for help cause I think that is a start. At least you are aware that you do have a problem. Please do find the heart to act on it while you still have the conviction to do so. That guy I was talking about was my brother, 4 years younger than I am. Up until now he cannot figure his life out, we tried numerous times to help him fix things but he has just gone too far. God bless you and may you find favor in His eyes. But remember, nobody can change for you. You and you alone can tell yourself to stop.

I think this is when we need proper time-management. I am addicted to making money online as well but I bare in my mind to always do all the chores I need to do in my regular day. I complete all my household tasks first before opening the computer. In that manner, I'll be more comfortable in making money online and at the same time my house is organized.

I was once a computer addict. I couldn't get out myself away from the computer. I will suggest try to join any school activities with your interest to divert your time and attention. Maybe, specialized one sport which required constant practice and I am sure you are tired when you get home. Though you will be on the computer but it will be not that much when you are tired.

I spend all my time either on games, social networking sites or using Stumble to find random websites, I can safely say I have an addiction.

That is terrible my dear.... you should have a good healthier life with your friends and family. Social skill is a must, even we are having cyber world technology.
Try to have good exercise and food as well. What is your passion? maby you can dig your passion to become one of your hobby (not computer) ^^

Werbung:
I also spend too much time on the computer but mainly because of work.
At least you know that you should spend your time on more important things like home work and other activities. Try joining organizations that lets you do some outside activities. Or be involved in sports or other extra curricular activities in your school.

Back