• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Clinique Products.....

Snowbaby

<div align='center'>.... STING

HELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<
</div>

Werbung:
I visited the Clinique counter in Debenhams this evening, and asked for facial care advice and told her I have very very sensitive skin. The girl gave me a sample of their "3 step" care routine.

I used it.... had to wash it off cos it obviously isn't suitable for sensitive skin,

That's that "soap", tonic and cream? The cream is yellow, right? I had that tester. It says on the product, if it tingles, it means it's working. It tingled me as well a bit, the tonic particulary (and it smells as if there was alcohol in it, but I didn't read it's declaration, so I don't know for sure), but the feeling was more ..fresh, didn't sting a bit. And it's really working. I guess you really have very sensitive skin..that's too bad.
<

It's meant to tingle? It was more of a burny sorta feeling, but that's good to know on normal skin it tingles. I'm not too far yuk yet lol!!

Do you know how to use the 3 steps properly (yes, it's what you described)? There's no instructions on it!! What I did last night, was use the soap as normal, mixed with water, and rinse off. The tonic, I assumed it's like normal toner and used with a cotton wool pad and wiped it across my face? And obviously the moisturiser rubbed into my skin....

Clinique = never again....

My face swelled up at work today!!
<

Only when I went and splashed water on to remove the products did it start to go down again. It's still red and a little swollen
<

*crosses clinique off the evergrowing "no good" cosmetics list*

Snowy? ave you ever tried Dermalogica's skin care range?

clicker?

I did a quick google search for you and there is a salon where you live called "Beauty Within" that stocks the range. If I was you I'd make an appointment for a consultation with the salon and they will be able to recommend something that should work for you.........PLUS you may even walk home with a few free samples to try out first (the range is pretty pricey so I wouldn't buy anything until you are sure it's gonna suit). At least that way you will get to talk to a professional beauty therapist who will do her best to find something suitable rather than just making a sale.

*hugs*

Thanks thisty
<

I had my nails done there just before I got married and I'm sure it was this stuff the guy was trying to sell me. But I will definately make an app in the new year. I been planning to go there about my skin anyways. Also got a doctor app on 9th Jan about it too. I wanna see if it's anything I'm eating is causing my face to be worse too. Cos it's really getting to me now!!

EDIT: *huggles*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
It's meant to tingle? It was more of a burny sorta feeling, but that's good to know on normal skin it tingles. I'm not too far yuk yet lol!!

Do you know how to use the 3 steps properly (yes, it's what you described)? There's no instructions on it!! What I did last night, was use the soap as normal, mixed with water, and rinse off. The tonic, I assumed it's like normal toner and used with a cotton wool pad and wiped it across my face? And obviously the moisturiser rubbed into my skin....[/b]
Well, the proper way is what you've described...you need to put the moisturiser while your skin is still wet from the tonic, but that's it. Although..don't try that again, you're right...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Snowbaby @ Dec 21 2006, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Clinique = never again....

My face swelled up at work today!!
<

Only when I went and splashed water on to remove the products did it start to go down again. It's still red and a little swollen
<

*crosses clinique off the evergrowing "no good" cosmetics list*
[/b]

Man, that's terrible! It actually swelled? You must be allergic or something..

Have you tried Aqua Marina from Lush? It's for sensitive skin, and it's very good - to me, at least. I'm using that one now, cause Clinique is a bit expensive for my taste..and my pocket
<

See, that was my whole point. It's expensive but I thought if I paid out a little more money on a good product, I'd not have a reaction to it lol So glad it was a tester pack
<

Not tried that, but I'll have a look out for it, thanks! BAD BAD SKIN!!!!

Werbung:
Back