• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Choosing a Name

Is it any different to naming it after a member of the Royal Family? There are millions of Elizabeths for instance... and Now the names William and Harry for boys are suddenly all the rage..

Since baby Leo is Greek, naming him after a hero of Greek mythology isn't that odd....

It isn't really different at all Stavy, it is about what you like and as long as it will not cause problems for the child the parents have the right to choose whatever name they want.

Werbung:
It is just my personal feeling Stavy, but as you say it is no different from naming the child after a famous person.

I am currently working in an office where one dept has an Alexandra, an Alexander and an Alexei... everytime someone calls 'Alex' across the office, three heads go up at once...

I named my daughter Alexie and i got it by searching in the internet, i wanted a not so girlie name for her that is why i searched first for what does it mean before giving it to my daughter.

I don't have any children, nor am I planning to any time soon. But if it came to it now, I'd name my child James, which is my partner's middle name but if it was a girl, I'd name her something sensible like Ella. :D

For me, the most important thing is the meaning and pronunciation. I wouldn't want my kid to have a funny sounding name because I've seen how mean kids can be to each other. The meaning holds great importance as my grandmother used to say that the name's meaning and the name itself have an impact on the child's personality. :confused:

I want to pick some name from the Bible like Ruth, charity and more of them..I like the name Holly or Hollie too. As well as with the boy, maybe Matthew, Christian,Mark...I like to make a combination from my hubby's name and mine. It depends on time, as my mind changes most of the time..:)

:) I have no idea at all how my fiance and I have already chosen our children's names before we are even married, or indeed before they are even born...But we have decided that if we should be blessed in having a daughter then she will be called Chantelle, and for our son his name will be Sebastien.....It will however be a few more years before we try to make our dreams come true.

We chose our older daughter's name, Ella, together. It one the name of a female character from our favourite book, and the moment we knew we were going to have a girl, there was no question as to what name we were going to choose. Her second name is Yvonne, after my grandmother.

As for our second daughter, Ruby, I fell in love with the name even before I got pregnant, but my husband didn't agree with me because it is not a Hebrew name. I have tried to convince him for a long time (I even made a mixtape for him filled with 'Ruby' songs). We didn't check the sex of the baby this time, so finally he agreed for Ruby for a girl and Benjamin for a boy. We had a girl =)

I just chose a name I loved for my daughter Leighanna Autumn. I knew someone named Liana and loved it, i changed the spelling and Autumn because its my favorite season and just happened to be when she was born as well.

I like the name Anessa but it's also the name of a popular sunscreen by Shiseido.
I guess I'll have to rethink that one. :D

my sister hates her name (which I think is lovely) Katerina.. so over the years she has insisted we call her Cat, Cath, Cassie, Rina, anything but Katerina... she is half an inch shorter than me.. so i call her titch... :D
Tell me you are Greek and I 'm not the only oneee!!! :)

I was named in honour of St Eirini owing to a vow.
The prevalent names were Vasiliki, Nikoleta and Eirini ;)

My first son, which I named Zachary, was named after Zac Efron. :)
On the other hand, my second son was named after a Hollywood celebrity as well which I associated with another name, Matthew Gavin.
Seems pretty coincidence, but I just realized now that both of them are named after Hollywood stars.
Funny me. :p

It was really hard for me to choose a name as I was a nursery nurse for 10 years and everytime we came up with a name, it would remind me of a child I had previously looked after. The other problem we had was we had to decide on both a girls and boys name as we never found out what the sex of our baby was. In the end we had a beautiful girl and called her Molly.

Werbung:
I would like to give short or just one name for a child (i mean no second name). I like it simple and so that the child will not have a hard time writing a long name. :p
If its a girl, i like it to be named after the mother's name (first letter of the mother's name). And if it is a boy, after the father's name.

Back