• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Chocolate and period

Eirini

When I have my period, I have a STRONG urge to eat chocolateeeeee. Yeaaa it's very strong.
OK, I ate it and then I feel happy instantly :O

Do you have this urge too?

Werbung:
Sometimes I have strong urges for chocolate, but usually it's just carbs or sweets in general. Whenever I get my period I tend to eat a ton of pasta and breads. I wouldn't mind having some hazelnut chocolate during my period, but it sounds like a dangerous idea. :rolleyes:

It really depends honestly. There are times when I really crave chocolate, and other times I crave anything that is salty. I can almost tell when I'm about to start just by my cravings alone. As for hazelnut chocolate - that can be a dangerous thing around me.

I sometimes observe that before my menstrual cycle, I easily feel hungry and crave for certain foods. Yes for me it is also chocolates usually but sometimes I would crave for ice cream or cup cakes. Although there are times when it was not period related that I am craving for a chocolate. Like when I am stressed or lonely, and it makes me happy and relaxed.

I am someone whom does, really annoying to be honest as I am currently on a diet so having a craving for chocolate during my period is very annoying because after my period I hardly touch chocolate.

I hear ya! Nothing is better for me when it is that time of the month is Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. They are the perfect mixture of sweet and salty. If the kids have eaten all of them, I know I can dip a Hershey Candy Bar into a jar of peanut butter.

Oh Yes! I SO get the urge for chocolate that special time of the month. In fact, when I get that urge for chocolate - it alerts me to the fact that my period is due. I especially nurture my body's needs at that point and it all works out quite fine.

I have no idea why I get the craving...but I do not need to really understand it, it simply works!

Ah yes, chocolate makes us happy :) Even though I personally am more of a caramel girl, chocolate is yummy too.
I love the white chocolate disks with sprinkles on them.

I don't get a craving for chocolate or any candy more than usual. I crave salty food or fast food more than I do sweets.

Definitely. Chocolate or any kind of sweets or unhealthy foods. I normally just give into those cravings (during my period) because it makes me feel loads better. Last time I ate junk (a few nights ago) I actually didn't gain any weight.. so it's no big deal. I eat healthy the rest of the month and then eat junk when I know it will do the most good for me. xD

I don't normally have a specific craving for chocolate. Occasionally I do, but usually I just crave fatty foods instead. I have an urge for junk food, but specifically those that are greasy, fried, etc. It'd be nice if I could skip the cravings altogether. :p

I don't really have any cravings on my period. The first few days are usually a sore back and sometimes cramps, so I'm not much in the mood for eating anyway. I crave sweets every other day of the month though. Lol.

Werbung:
The first few days are usually a sore back and sometimes cramps, so I'm not much in the mood for eating anyway.

Oh, you're right. I don't want to you on the first few days either. It's usually the three or four days before my period when I want to eat all those fatty foods.

And I'm pretty sure I crave sweets every other day of the month, too, haha.

Back