• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Butternut Squash

Snowbaby

For the first time, this evening I had butternut squash....

MMMMMMMMMMM !!!!

Any of you had it before and if so how did you cook it? I just roasted it, by golly they wee blighters are tough to cut up!!! Worth the wait though!!!

<

Werbung:
butternut.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Butternut Squash: Rich orange flesh and sweet flavor. Good baked or used in soup.

This is a butternut squash. Maybe you have a different name for it?

[/b]

Ah I see! Though it does look vaguely familiar, I can't say I've heard of or seen it before.... Though apparently it tastes similar to sweet potato (aka kumara for us NZers heh) which I heart.

Mmmm.

MMmmmm Yummmy! I loves squash-especially butternut squash. I just cut it either in half or in little squares and set aside in a baking pan.
Get a bowl and melt brown sugar & butter together and pour it on the squash then bake in oven till tender and done. You can also just melt the butter without the sugar and pour over the squash and put black pepper on it. Yummy is the word for either way you choose to cook it.

Werbung:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Get a bowl and melt brown sugar & butter together and pour it on the squash then bake in oven till tender and done. You can also just melt the butter without the sugar and pour over the squash and put black pepper on it. Yummy is the word for either way you choose to cook it[/b]

Yummy indeed. Pepper squash is also good done this way

Back