• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Brenda Spencer

Catrat

I just watched a documentary about Brenda Spencer who at the age of 16 in 1979 leaned out of her window and began to shoot at the primary school across from her house.
It really confused me because most documentaries go into what was the triggering event, or what she did before she started shooting. I also think the way the court case was dealt with was very strange. She was obviously an extremely troubled girl (she only started to show remorse very recently). Her next parole hearing is in 2009 and in the last one (in 2005) she claimed for the first time that there had been abuse (both physical and sexual) from her father.
When she was being coaxed out of the house by SWAT teams etc they asked her why she was doing it and she said 'I don't like Mondays' which became the inspiration for the song of the same name by the Boomtown Rats.
It is a very weird case, as they didn't seem to go into whether she was mentally ill or not at the time...and I would think anyone who does that would have to be pretty mentally ill..
I've looked it up on the internet and it hasn't shed much light, just seems a very weird, unresolved case to me..

Werbung:
Back