• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Breast or Bottle

In your opinion which is better?

• Breast Milk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Formula Milk

• Both

• Total voters
Day 3 with my 3rd child my boobs became so engorged I was walking around the hospital with cold cabbage leaves in my top. :lol:
They also recommend koolpop iceblocks for stitches if you need stitches from ripping etc.

Werbung:
:blink:....im sorry stitches from RIPPING!
*gulps and falls stone cold on the floor*
cripes...:hug: Youre very brave...:yes:
edit: im scared to ask what the etc... even is :no:

*picks Jen up off the floor*

There there, such is the joys of being a woman :D fantastic huh? I cant wait to have kids!! :yes: :twirl:

yeah....according to Dave; "babies vomit and poop too much"
lolol
i love little kiddies....*gushes and ooohs at little kiddies*
lol oh dear....:twirl:*twirley twirley*

I breast fed all of my 3, I loved it
<
so I think breast is best at first, but there is only so long you can do it for.
All of my kids are pretty big my last one was 9lb 1oz didn't stay small long
<
wasn't even small to start
<

I stopped feeding here about 2 weeks ago she's 4 months now.
Formula is good so that the father can bond as well as i felt that he was getting pushed out of the picture because he couldn't help as much. She would need feeding and he would have to pass her back to me.
I miss it sometimes though . . . takes to long to sterilize and make bottles
<

I breast fed 1st time, but not second because he was in the special care baby unit for a while and it was more convenient for the nurses to bottle feed, so I chose both because they are both as good

In my experience i had to feed my daughter formula/bottle as she had trouble breast feeding in first 3 days and the midwife said that it would be in her best interests as if she didn't feed within another 24hours they would have to take her in.

I fed her bottle for the first 24hours then the breast feeding issue solved itself and i breast fed her til she was 8 months old. However because she had been bottle fed she was ok with being given breast milk from a bottle by her grandparents when i had to go out or be somewhere else.

No mother should be guilt-tripped into BF her baby but by the same token alot of mothers give up in the first 2 weeks due to various reasons. It took me 4 weeks to get to a stage where BF was easy, unpainful and enjoyful because i had good support from my midwife and health visitor.

If any mother is having problems with BF they should speak up and contact support groups who are there to help them with the difficulties.

Cabbage leaves do work lol! But so do nipple shields, ice cubes, etc...

She weno onto formula at 8 months after she bit me lol!

As a BF mother i never had any issue with cow's milk she's been a big milk drinker ever since.

I'm not sure how i view a child only taking milk if it's got chocolate in it but then that's my problem - tasha wasn't allowed chocolate until she was 3 and now she's not bothered and would rather have an apple or grapes than sweets etc...

In essence, breast is best but each individual has their own feelings and opinions which are just as valid as anyone else's for their own personal reasons

I voted breast. I breastfed my first exclusively for just four months, i had a shockingly misinformed health visitor who convinced me to mix feed, and so i gave Kayleigh both until 6 months old, then went on to formula only. With Carly i breastfed exclusively until six months, i read everything and researched and made sure i knew better. I breastfed Carly until she was almost 2 yrs old. Formula is a god send for some babies, but it doesn't have the antibodies that breastmilk does, or even half of the health benefits to mother and child.

I breast fed my son, then supplemented with a bottle until he was full. I tried everything, repeated visits with a lactation consultant, herbs like blessed thistle and fenugreek to increase milk supply. Nothing worked.

I personally do not think breast feeding is a requirement for bonding with your infant, I just think that it's the quickest way.

I agree Dot. I don't think breastfeeding is a requirement to bond with your baby either, although it can help.
I breast fed Alex upto 8 weeks old and then changed to formula. I LOVED breastfeeding it was the most precious experience but I was so utterly exhausted all the time and Alex got more and more hungry in the end I thought it was easier for both of us. Since then he has been sleeping 10 hours a night so there is alot to be said for bottle feeding too!
<

Werbung:
this is always a bad topic casue some people see it as the saying goes breast is best and some people find it hard to breast feed so they bottle feed.

i put both.i breast fed travis for 5 months i just dried up and had no choice but to turn to the bottle.
i think there is too much pressure on breast feeding there was someone who was in the hospital in the next bed to me and the midwifes were being really horrible to her casue she didnt want to breast feed and i thought that was shocking its up to the mum if she chooses to breast or bottle and shoulnt have to worry what people will think.

Back