• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Brand Names Vs Supermarket Makes

I shop often at Trader Joes and just about everything in the store is labeled as their brand. At the regular grocery store I rarely buy the store brands.

Werbung:
There are a lot of supermarket own brand items that I like better than the branded ones, it is worth trying them.

in a lot of onstances the stuff is made in the same factory.. just with a different label...

I think there is a bit of inbuilt snobbery too that dictates what brands.....

That is very accurate. It's the same with electronics and all kinds of things. A lot of the 'store' brand or generic names are exactly the same product as the big name item.

I tend to stockpile & coupon so I rarely buy store brand items. I do like my grocery store's mac&cheese. It is just as good as Kraft!

Yes I go for deals too, but only if I really want them, I don't like to buy things and then waste them.

If I see offers that we really need such as coffee, toilet rolls etc, I will stockpile those things, but I only buy things that we really need.

Werbung:
The Walmart brand of food is not really too good, so I do buy name brands such as Dole and Kelloggs rather than the no-name generic brand. You get what you pay for. The generic tastes ho hum, like it's lacking spice or was left in the can too long and is now soggy. The cereal flakes from generic cereal taste flat and dull, no kick.

Back