• Come and join our girl community by registering for free and start discussing about girl topics, fashion, relationships...

Brand Names Vs Supermarket Makes

Snowbaby

Do you always buy branded named groceries or do you buy anything of the "value" or supermarket own range? Pretty much the only branded item I buy is baked beans. Unless the item is on offer and therefore the equivelent price or cheaper than the supermarket own brand. I have to admit, I seldom buy the basic "value" product, but rather the supermarket brand.

I was buying Kelloggs bran flakes until last week I took Tesco Value bran flakes... DH always brings my breakfast up to me whilst I do my hair, at some point last week the kelloggs ran out and the tesco value box took over... can't tell you when that was though!

I think I'm going to experiment and try other value products!

Werbung:
We just buy the cheapest really. One supermarket, Countdown, has it's own "Homebrand" which makes cheese with vegetarian rennet in it, making it half the price branded "vegetarian cheese" so we get that. And their "homebrand" bread cos it's cheapest. We have to get branded "lite" sour cream cos the rest has gelatine in it. Otherwise, if it's needed for a meal and it's the cheapest, we get it. Pams, if you guys get that brand, is my favourite. It's branching out into wider products like meusli bars rather than just the basics and its dirt cheap so am in love with them. And it's all good.

Can't say I've heard of that brand.

I'm definately going to experiment with the cheaper brands. I have tried a few products of the cheapest brand before, some are fine, others are yuk. Trial and error!

I used to only like brand names but the store brands are getting much better now and there are several products that I regularly buy in the store brand.

It really depends on what the product is for me. Some store brands are just as good, but then others are terribly fatty/salty/mushy, etc. I've had to just try some of the generic to see which are of the same quality.

I try the supermarket own brand or saver items and if I am satisfied with them I buy those instead of branded items. A significant part of my weekly shop is now made up of own brand items.

tend to go with the brands i grew up with especially for food.... can't imagine eating beans that are not Heinz, or cornflakes that are not Kellogs (crunchy nut :D) just habit I guess.. I will buy the store brand toilet roll and stuff like that..

Hubby decided to experiment with cheap coffee once.... that didn't last long. I'm sure many own brands are probably just as good as branded though...

I used to hate store brands. There are some that are still crap, but where I shop regularly, there's one that is actually good.

Whenever possible, I try to get the value brand. Some things taste the same. I like to save the money. There are some things I will not buy the cheaper brand of, such as tuna or tomato soup. My tomato soup has got to be campbells.

I am much the same as Love2write, there are a few things I will not compromise on. I only buy free range eggs and local farm assured meat, I am fussy about tomato soup too, it has to be Heinz.

Definitely there are things I would not chance either. But also some things it doesn't matter on. I recently 'risked' store brand Mayonnaise. Heck, it's just as good and it's half as much.

Werbung:
luv2write, you haven't lived! Go get some! Have it with crusty bread and butter.... yummy...

Back